Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello ,

im buying widebody scatpack in a day or maybe 2 , just got the money , now i just have to pay ... and i have a few more questions.

Based on these specs from the sheet

what are some things that i should look out for that can be physically removed without any problems

I just want to know if i will be getting everything this sheet ... for example the carpets with the red stichting is Included in this sheet and can be removed from the car in seconds and replaced . You know , stuff like that.

my main pourpse for doing this is i want to know what kind of people im dealing with in the dealership , will i get what they say i will or is it going to start with a lie.

i just need yall guys help in case i miss anything

what things should i be looking for that can be removed and resold, things that i could miss in a quick inspection . You know what i mean i hope.

car specs sheet

thanks in advance

and finally pictures of the soon to own car

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am actually surprised to see the refrigeration is R134a and not 1234yf on a 2020.
i have no idea what that means but it sounds really bad ... What do you mean and how will it effect the car.

·
Premium Member
2021 JEEP Wrangler Unlimited Willys 4X4
2,183 Posts
My suggestion is to perform a THOROUGH pre-delivery inspection PRIOR to signing ANY paperwork.

The build sheet you linked has lots of “smaller” items that can go MIA fast, like stuff on page 7 & 8.....compact spare tire, tool kit, fire extinguisher, first aid kit, triangles, etc.

Good luck on your delivery & purchase....hope all goes well for you soon!

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,779 Posts
i have no idea what that means but it sounds really bad ... What do you mean and how will it effect the car.
No it's not bad just interesting to me. I think starting 2015 1234yf refrigeration was being phased in replacing r134a. I prefer r134a because the refill canisters are cheap and widely available.

BTW I see it comes with a first aid kit, fire extinguisher and some other stuff. Just make sure it's all there before you drive off the lot.

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,779 Posts

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My suggestion is to perform a THOROUGH pre-delivery inspection PRIOR to signing ANY paperwork.

The build sheet you linked has lots of “smaller” items that can go MIA fast, like stuff on page 7 & 8.....compact spare tire, tool kit, fire extinguisher, first aid kit, triangles, etc.

Good luck on your delivery & purchase....hope all goes well for you soon!
thats another couple days before i sign anything ... damn i knew i couldnt trust them.

come on guys im really lost now , what do you mean by epa , and what is the difference between the 2 refregerations you meantioned?

edit: just saw you new posts , seems you have knowledge on the subject ... the temp here is almost 110f daily , can that be the reason ? Does one provides more cooling than the other?Or is it just to save money you think?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,779 Posts
thats another couple days before i sign anything ... damn i knew i couldnt trust them.

come on guys im really lost now , what do you mean by epa , and what is the difference between the 2 refregerations you meantioned
Don't sweat it, forget I mentioned it. IMO R134 means easier and less costly service if you ever have issues with your AC system.

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts

come on guys im really lost now , what do you mean by epa , and what is the difference between the 2 refregerations you meantioned
Try to take a deep breath and give your selling dealership the benefit of the doubt until / unless they give you a reason to suspect they’re doing something wrong....

EPA stands for the Environmental Protection Agency, a United States of America based entity responsible in part for clean air but overall the protection of human and environmental health.

Not very knowledgeable about many of the different types of refrigerant, but each iteration is generally more environmentally friendly than its predecessor. Again.....nothing to worry about, and perhaps the R134a is a better refrigerant in YOUR area than the other type.

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alright thanks guys ... i was going to pay for the car before seeing it in person since it is in there storage and they refused to bring it for me to see ... well because they know me and i backed out twice before “ from nothing major , just paper work ... i didnt cost them to move a muscle but it is just the way it is “ , but now i’m going to insist on seeing it before paying...., i mean i already out down a non refundable 150$ to reserve the car for 10 days , so they know i mean business “ does the little things you mention such as a kit and a fire extinguisher etc... come Standard with all cars in the us or are they added?

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I tried to google the challenger tool kit but im not sure which is from the dealership and which is added by people

is this the one?

wont be a deal breaker for me , what else should i look out for?

im insisting on the carpets , even though i have a feeling they wont be there ... what do you guys think if there is no carpets , still worth 60k$?

its no deal breaker , just sucks that they are that greedy...makes you think of what to expect in the future from them.

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
I tried to google the challenger tool kit but im not sure which is from the dealership and which is added by people

is this the one?

View attachment 995343

wont be a deal breaker for me , what else should i look out for?

im insisting on the carpets , even though i have a feeling they wont be there ... what do you guys think if there is no carpets , still worth 60k$?

its no deal breaker , just sucks that they are that greedy...makes you think of what to expect in the future from them.
The tool kit you pictured is most likely a special tool kit utilized by the technicians in the service department for somewhat tedious repairs or tasks.

I‘m quite certain your tool kit will be different.

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here’s a link to my build sheet...perhaps some of the info will show you some of the differences in cars shipped to the USA.

The emergency kit, triangles, fire extinguisher, etc. are not standard with USA shipped cars.
interesting , so you can drive in your car withtout an extinguisher? no law requires that in the us? I mean no one will care here but i will diff have one.

so beside the stuff you mentioned ... nothing else can be messed with right? Except the carpets which i have my eyes on lol

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
interesting , so you can drive in your car withtout an extinguisher? no law requires that in the us? I mean no one will care here but i will diff have one.

so beside the stuff you mentioned ... nothing else can be messed with right? Except the carpets which i have my eyes on lol
Correct....regular passenger cars and trucks are not required to have a fire extinguisher. However....commercial vehicles (those engaged in commerce) are required to have a fire extinguisher, first aid kit, and triangles In the USA.

The stuff I previously mentioned are some of the things that initially caught my eye that could go missing.

Again.....give your selling dealer the benefit of the doubt until they prove you otherwise.

Reactions: KWSPWB

·
Registered
2019 M6 Scat Pack
827 Posts
Whatever you do, make sure that you remove the splitter guard. Leaving it on will damage the underlying plastic in a short time.

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Correct....regular passenger cars and trucks are not required to have a fire extinguisher. However....commercial vehicles (those engaged in commerce) are required to have a fire extinguisher, first aid kit, and triangles In the USA.

The stuff I previously mentioned are some of the things that initially caught my eye that could go missing.

Again.....give your selling dealer the benefit of the doubt until they prove you otherwise.
the thing is they never said that they will be included ... i mean they only have 3 wb scatpacks in the country right now , same specs just diff colors ... i went with this one , and with all the covid stuff , they said that dodge is not making any new cars right now so they couldnt order any more “ dont know if that is true “ ... i just agreed on a wb scatpack ... i hope they at least include the red edged mat ... at least to me it will mean they are not that greedy , i looked at your specs and still couldnt catch anything extra that i shouldbe looking for ... i will give them the benefit of doubt as you mentioned , they have been good to me , its all about the dolla dolla bill in the end , but so far so good , however i just asked them to let me see it before paying and waiting for a reply , 6 am here ... i wonder what should i do if they deny that i see it , i mean they do have to bring it from the storage via a tow truck just for me to see it, but i guess wont matter even if they refuse ... if anyone cares to chime in for stuff i should look at that would be much help

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Whatever you do, make sure that you remove the splitter guard. Leaving it on will damage the underlying plastic in a short time.
i will be doing that , even though it looks soo gooood on dark colors lol , my first mod will be mat black stripes with maybe thin baby blue stripe on one side ... or yellow

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Did they mention any of it would be EXCLUDED?

Well.....everything that is on that sheet was shipped with the car when it left Ontario....right down to the Arabic owners manual.

Hopefully....your dealer won’t be a turd and hold ANY of that stuff hostage.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts