Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to change my entire exhaust from headers to tail pipe on my SRT and I would like to have that exhaust installed on my R/T.

I spoke with the mechanic that will be installing the new exhaust and he claimed that the 5.7L has one bolt that does not line-up which he believes will cause an exhaust leak.

I know I've read from Speedy! and others that they installed SRT Headers on their 5.7L but I haven't found any threads talking about one bolt not lining up.

Can someone please confirm or expel this statement?

Also, has anyone installed the entire SRT Exhaust on an R/T? If so, were there any issues with routing the pipes and is it necessary to get a custom tune?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
426 Posts
I've had this done on my R/T.I used the SRT bolts.I think it was the bolt that holds the dip stick that was the problem and it was a length issue.The rear O2s may throw a code.A tune can take care of the code unless you have a smog check in your state.There are other ways around but I haven't found one that works for everyone.It does flow better and a tune will take advantage of that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts