Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question is to Challenger owners that have experience with Borla exhaust with or without dyno #'s just experience? I have an 09 SRT8 with a Cervini's shaker hood w/CAI, sport tuner and now a magna-flow cat back. Maybe with in the next year or so I might do heads and cam and intake or just cam and intake never any more.
My car is not a daily driver nor is it a race car even tho I do race it some.
My question is what parts would you guys recommend I dont want it so loud you cant stand to ride in it and I dont have to worry about inspection's but I would like to get the best performance that I could get. Should I use long tubes, high flow cats or cat less, X pipe or H pipe mufflers and resignators or just mufflers, what style or model of each part and maybe why you would use what you suggest. If you have any more questions just ask. Just for the heck of it lets say money is no object, but Borla only!!!!!!

Thanks for all of your help in advance! LURCH!!!!!!

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
You ever think about solo? they have a kick ass exhaust for our cars.no drone and affordable.i know your interested in borlo but i figured i'd throw it out there.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Yeah I am having trouble finding out what the SRT Borla system even sounds like as there are hardly any youtube clips for it. I am interested in them because they make the MOPAR RT system and it has THE BEST quad tip design for our cars as well as having a new ATAK muffler for our cars that sounds ridiculously good on camaros. But again, no videos or sound clips and no info on loudness or drone etc. just no info at all :(

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really thought there was alot of people running their stuff on here, guess not!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
i hve the borla on my rt. i love the sound of it. and it looks great. I also got ARH long tubes with Hi flow cats. the borla has an x pipe. not sure of performance gains as i dont do the dyno thing

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
This question is to Challenger owners that have experience with Borla exhaust with or without dyno #'s just experience? I have an 09 SRT8 with a Cervini's shaker hood w/CAI, sport tuner and now a magna-flow cat back. Maybe with in the next year or so I might do heads and cam and intake or just cam and intake never any more.
My car is not a daily driver nor is it a race car even tho I do race it some.
My question is what parts would you guys recommend I dont want it so loud you cant stand to ride in it and I dont have to worry about inspection's but I would like to get the best performance that I could get. Should I use long tubes, high flow cats or cat less, X pipe or H pipe mufflers and resignators or just mufflers, what style or model of each part and maybe why you would use what you suggest. If you have any more questions just ask. Just for the heck of it lets say money is no object, but Borla only!!!!!!

Thanks for all of your help in advance! LURCH!!!!!!

Hmmmm....Sorry didnt see this until now. Its kinda difficult to answer all you questions.....but I'll try. If you dont have to wory about inspection go cat less or with the high flow. I've heard alot of complaints about the drone with resonators so I would suggest the H pipe with with mufflers. You'll still have some cabin drone but not near as bad. Believe me it sounds plenty mean and still great performance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts