Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys with manual 6 speeds all model years chime in please, when you are parked and engage the parking brake does the parking brake light stay solid or blink?

Mine is a 2010 SRT8.

Mine blinks until I release the parking brake lever.

What does yours do?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just read the owners manual and obviously for automatics it wants the car put in P then put the parking brake on and it stays solid, on my charger that was auto if you moved with the parking brake on it would flash.

Now the manual states for manuals put it in 1st or reverse then apply the parking brake, I leave mine in neutral and then apply the parking brake and I bet thats why the parking brake lite is blinking.

Things you learn when you read owners manuals!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have a 2010 and mine stays solid until I release the brake.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
My light stays solid until I release the brake. Both of my Challengers are 6-speeds.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My light stays solid until I release the brake. Both of my Challengers are 6-speeds.
Car started or in the acc or on position but not started?

With the car off and you apply the parkng break I have seen it will flash on/off. If you shut the car off and are in acc or on, not started it stays solid on the 6 speed.

I see its different then the automatics. No big deal just wanted to check.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't drive mine often, but it flashes. It's in 1st gear when I pull into the garage, I shut the engine off, then apply the brake. When started, the icon flashes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts