Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to add some stripes to my challenger... its black and basic, and I really want that extra "umpf." I stumbled across this thread, where the guy has the exact look that I am envisioning: https://www.hellcat.org/threads/black-hellcat-stripe-add-on.111097/
This is the link to actually buy the stripes: http://shine-graffix.com/product/challenger-dual-srt-racing-stripes-precut-scoop-area-2015-2017/

If you look closely at the image, you can see that the stripes only cover that center hood scoop. I have a 2019 GT challenger (v6, don't roast me, but I needed AWD for snowy Chicago weather), and I only have one hood scoop that looks similar to the center scoop in the picture. I suppose I could contact the vinyl makers directly, but I thought I'd ask around here; I'm wondering if that center SRT scoop is the same size and shape as my GT scoop... In other words, do you think could I buy these stripes to fit on my model?

Thank you!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I am looking to add some stripes to my challenger... its black and basic, and I really want that extra "umpf." I stumbled across this thread, where the guy has the exact look that I am envisioning: https://www.hellcat.org/threads/black-hellcat-stripe-add-on.111097/
This is the link to actually buy the stripes: http://shine-graffix.com/product/challenger-dual-srt-racing-stripes-precut-scoop-area-2015-2017/

If you look closely at the image, you can see that the stripes only cover that center hood scoop. I have a 2019 GT challenger (v6, don't roast me, but I needed AWD for snowy Chicago weather), and I only have one hood scoop that looks similar to the center scoop in the picture. I suppose I could contact the vinyl makers directly, but I thought I'd ask around here; I'm wondering if that center SRT scoop is the same size and shape as my GT scoop... In other words, do you think could I buy these stripes to fit on my model?

Thank you!
Might want to double check with someone else to be 100% before buying, but I'm pretty sure the GTs have the old SRT hoods now. So it should be the same and should work fine

·
Registered
15,862 Posts
Sure looks like the old SRT hood and cant imagine FCA retooling another hood when they've got this one already so I bet it's the same. The stripe companies should know.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,732 Posts
I think the hood would be the same. Interesting they show pictures of both a SRT 392, which would have a front fascia like your GT, and a Hellcat, which has a different front fascia. I'd think the front stripes would be different. I do see Ridergraphix lists

2015 - 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Style Rally Stripe Decal Kit
Also Fits 2019 - up Challenger GT and RT
A Guy

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Might want to double check with someone else to be 100% before buying, but I'm pretty sure the GTs have the old SRT hoods now. So it should be the same and should work fine
Perfect! Thank you so much! I'll be sure to double check with the company before purchasing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sure looks like the old SRT hood and cant imagine FCA retooling another hood when they've got this one already so I bet it's the same. The stripe companies should know.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Yeah that's a good point... I'm pretty confident now that it's the same. Thank you!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think the hood would be the same. Interesting they show pictures of both a SRT 392, which would have a front fascia like your GT, and a Hellcat, which has a different front fascia. I'd think the front stripes would be different. I do see Ridergraphix lists

A Guy
Yes! This is the confirmation I needed... thank you so much!! I'm excited to see how it's gonna turn out once I buy it. You've been very helpful!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts