Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It says on sticker I bought the customer preferred package 27f. What does that mean? It says with the 20 in Chrome clad wheels my rear end is a 3.92 is that really what it is? It says w Dec and wp2 what do those numbers mean? It also says track pack under performance steering w variable displacement pump? What all does that mean?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
15,972 Posts
27F is the quick order code for:
- R/T model with cloth interior (base R/T trim)
- 160mph speedo cluster
- rear trunk spoiler
- R/T spec springs/shocks/sway bars
- 5.7 V8
- larger R/T spec brakes w/ 2-piston front caliper
- Sound Group I audio (4speakers, 268W amp)

optional equipment: (extra cost)
DEC = Tremec 6-speed (track pack group - incl.: Sure Grip LSD differential, Var. Displacement p/s pump, Hill Start Assist, bright aluminum pedals, Sachs Nivomat rear shocks)
WP2 = R/T 20" chrome clad wheels

·
Registered
145 Posts
It says on sticker I bought the customer preferred package 27f. What does that mean? It says with the 20 in Chrome clad wheels my rear end is a 3.92 is that really what it is? It says w Dec and wp2 what do those numbers mean? It also says track pack under performance steering w variable displacement pump? What all does that mean?

Thanks
I ordered a 27j that means mine has the leather group, should have power mirrors seat ect...

Since you ordered the 6 speed stick, it automatically changes the car from the 3.06 to the 3.92 rear end.
In 2011 the POSI 3.92 rear end is standard for the 6 speed transmission, and the 6 speed is free this year, opposite from last year.

Trac pac is this:

Track Pak:
  • 6-Speed Tremec T6060 Transmission
  • Bright Racing Pedals
  • Muffler is removed and replaced with two bottle resonators
  • Full Off ESP Switch
  • Limited Slip Differential (This is a benefit only on the R/T, SRT8 has LSD whether Track Pak or not)
  • More aggressive gearing
Hope that helps

Now i have a question, my wheels show up as WPG 20x8.0 aluminum chrome clad wheels.. why a different RPO code than yours?

Is yours a 2011?

Thanks

·
Registered
145 Posts
Maybe i should have read you posted "variable displacement pump"

Thats new for 2011, its the electric over hydraulic steering thats new for 2011.

HTH

BW:guiness:

·
Registered
61 Posts
27F is the quick order code for:
- R/T model with cloth interior (base R/T trim)
- 160mph speedo cluster
- rear trunk spoiler
- R/T spec springs/shocks/sway bars
- 5.7 V8
- larger R/T spec brakes w/ 2-piston front caliper
- Sound Group I audio (4speakers, 268W amp)

optional equipment: (extra cost)
DEC = Tremec 6-speed (track pack group - incl.: Sure Grip LSD differential, Var. Displacement p/s pump, Hill Start Assist, bright aluminum pedals, Sachs Nivomat rear shocks)
WP2 = R/T 20" chrome clad wheels
But my 27F has the black Bilsteins and are not nivomats what gives?
BTW my car is a 2010 and it has the rest of what you have listed with the exception of the Bilsteins

·
Super Moderator
15,972 Posts
But my 27F has the black Bilsteins and are not nivomats what gives?
BTW my car is a 2010 and it has the rest of what you have listed with the exception of the Bilsteins
There may have been changes in the spec'd parts for production that were a running change. This might have been phased in during the 2010 run...some late 2009s varied in this way from the early build 2009s from what I've read about on this forum.

The Nivomats are black in color (Bilsteins are yellow color). I do recall that the Super Track Pack 6-speeds got the SRT spec Bilsteins in the rear that superceded the Sachs Nivomats.

Here's what a Nivomat looks like (long fixed rod at bottom of shock to mounting eye) that's on my early build 2009...

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts

Thanks
I see you are from Perrysburg also. Where about? Hope to see you around.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
There may have been changes in the spec'd parts for production that were a running change. This might have been phased in during the 2010 run...some late 2009s varied in this way from the early build 2009s from what I've read about on this forum.

The Nivomats are black in color (Bilsteins are yellow color). I do recall that the Super Track Pack 6-speeds got the SRT spec Bilsteins in the rear that superceded the Sachs Nivomats.

Here's what a Nivomat looks like (long fixed rod at bottom of shock to mounting eye) that's on my early build 2009...
no, the bilsteins they put on the RTs are black also. only the SRT got the yellow bilsteins. I have the black bilsteins on my car.

the variable displacement pump for steerinf is not the 2011 electric steering. its just part of the track pack or super track pack.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
...I have black Bilsteins as well on my STP equipped '10 R/T (like aarcuda). However, mine is an "auto".

·
Super Moderator
15,972 Posts
There must be different versions Bilstein produces for OEM installs - most all the Bilsteins (purchased aftermarket) I've bought over the past 20 years were yellow with the blue/yellow stickers and silver printing...

The "consumer market" packaging vs. OEM packaging I guess?

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
There must be different versions Bilstein produces for OEM installs - most all the Bilsteins (purchased aftermarket) I've bought over the past 20 years were yellow with the blue/yellow stickers and silver printing...

The "consumer market" packaging vs. OEM packaging I guess?
....same here (they were always yellow with the standard Blistein logo/sticker). I still recall my old '93 Silverado were like that. These are the first black OEM Bilsteins I've had on a vehicle.

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
...I have black Bilsteins as well on my STP equipped '10 R/T (like aarcuda). However, mine is an "auto".
Same here.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
rt

Bryan you said my rt has a full esp on off switch........ Are you talking about one below radio on right side?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
another rt question

Also so I gather I have the track pack.....what the difference between mine and the super track pack? Also is their a site to break vin down to find born on date and those things?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Also so I gather I have the track pack.....what the difference between mine and the super track pack? Also is their a site to break vin down to find born on date and those things?
I asked about which tires i will be receiving and Al'sR/T said that the super trac pac ......

"Super Trakpak gives you Z rated tires, better brake pads, different shocks in the back"

Goodyears or Firestones with 20x8 wheels?? Just checked again.... - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

I sure did not see super trac pac when i ordered my car last saturday, seems like im getting more confused the more i read.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Bryan you said my rt has a full esp on off switch........ Are you talking about one below radio on right side?
Just search here, i dont have my car yet.

I did read here that someone said to fully disengage it, you have to be driving and hold the traction button (or some button.... i dont have the car yet) for 8-10 seconds and the car will chime and fully turn off the esp?????

HTH

BW

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just search here, i dont have my car yet.

I did read here that someone said to fully disengage it, you have to be driving and hold the traction button (or some button.... i dont have the car yet) for 8-10 seconds and the car will chime and fully turn off the esp?????

HTH

BW
You hold in the ignition button, if you have keyless entry. Otherwise you turn the key and hold it until you hear the chime and see the lights on the dash. Make sure you are moving at least 5-10 mph tho.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok so to fully turn it off I hold the key to to right between 5-10 mph until it chimes and lights up. But then what does it do that's different than pressing button on dash? How do you turn it back on?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
any help

Does anyone know what the diffrence between pressing button on dash and turning key? What does each way shut it off and how please thAnks

·
Registered
90 Posts
Does anyone know what the diffrence between pressing button on dash and turning key? What does each way shut it off and how please thAnks
Pressing the ESP button on the dash, just turns off the traction portion (will show the squiggly lines light on your instrument cluster).

If you turn turn your ignition key to the right for 5 seconds while going over 20 mph you will get a ding and the squiggly lines light will come on along with the ABS light. So this mode turns off the brake assist and the traction control in this mode.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts