Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! By chance, does anyone happen to have the part numbers for the SRT8 "belly pan" and the "air ducts" necessary to convert the stock R/T lower air dam to that of the SRT8? Does anyone happen to have any pictures of the said items? I already bought the SRT8 lower air dam and would like to make it fully functional as it was intended versus just having it for looks. I also looked at what I think is the belly pan and there are already channels molded in to what I think is made for the ducts. Not sure of course.

Your help and responses would be most appreciated.

Thank you, Jorge

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone? I'm sure that there are many who has done this. :D

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Several vendors have it Moparsuper center, Speedlogix, etc, enjoy it great mod!

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is the air dam that I bought. From what I understand it is the new 2011 SRT8 air dam with the front fender moldings molded in the spoiler. Much more aggressive looking IMO than the previous SRT8 air dam.

I was just curious if they are different as far as the ducts and belly pan.

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
You can use the belly pan from the 08-10 SRT spoiler.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hello everyone! By chance, does anyone happen to have the part numbers for the SRT8 "belly pan" and the "air ducts" necessary to convert the stock R/T lower air dam to that of the SRT8? Does anyone happen to have any pictures of the said items? I already bought the SRT8 lower air dam and would like to make it fully functional as it was intended versus just having it for looks. I also looked at what I think is the belly pan and there are already channels molded in to what I think is made for the ducts. Not sure of course.

Your help and responses would be most appreciated.

Thank you, Jorge
Here is the link to Speedy's garage, it has the part numbers and installation instructions...

Speedy's Garage

·
Registered
25 Posts
several posts with part #s and pics in the mopar 10 post em up thread.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone for the responses. I really appreciate it. I found some more threads that have some great pics and details. I did a search prior to posting the thread and didn't come up with much so I apologize in advance for the duplicate thread. :D

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
At some point they need to put sticky on that original 2011 spoiler thread...
There are many threads on this spoiler change now, in multiple sub-sections.
Maybe Challengertalk could create a "Knowledge Base" section, like LXforums has for this type of stuff.

2011 SRT Front spoiler parts list

68109837AA ------ SRT Spoiler- ** $ -80.10 / $ 64.08
68109838AA ------ RH extension ** $ --9.05 / $ -7.88
68109839AA ------ LH extension ** $ --9.05 / $ -7.88
68060070AA ------ Belly Pan ------ $195.00 / $156.00
68086604AA ------ RH air duct ---- $ -48.00 / $ 38.40
68086605AA ------ LH air duct ---- $ -48.00 / $ 38.40
List prices & online prices from makeitdodgeparts.com

http://www.challengertalk.com/forum...isc-picture1963-2011-srt-spoiler-complete.jpg

http://www.challengertalk.com/forum...2011-challenger-srt-front-spoiler-graphic.jpg

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here's another link to the swap if you didn't find it already in 'How-To, DIY':

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f108/how-srt-front-spoiler-swap-26186/

Bill
Thanks Bill! I appreciate the link. Jorge

At some point they need to put sticky on that original 2011 spoiler thread...
There are many threads on this spoiler change now, in multiple sub-sections.
Maybe Challengertalk could create a "Knowledge Base" section, like LXforums has for this type of stuff.

2011 SRT Front spoiler parts list

68109837AA ------ SRT Spoiler- ** $ -80.10 / $ 64.08
68109838AA ------ RH extension ** $ --9.05 / $ -7.88
68109839AA ------ LH extension ** $ --9.05 / $ -7.88
68060070AA ------ Belly Pan ------ $195.00 / $156.00
68086604AA ------ RH air duct ---- $ -48.00 / $ 38.40
68086605AA ------ LH air duct ---- $ -48.00 / $ 38.40
List prices & online prices from makeitdodgeparts.com

http://www.challengertalk.com/forum...isc-picture1963-2011-srt-spoiler-complete.jpg

http://www.challengertalk.com/forum...2011-challenger-srt-front-spoiler-graphic.jpg
Agreed! Thank you for the part numbers and the links I actually used your post as a reference. Today I ordered the SRT8 belly pan with the air ducts. Might as well do the job right and have it functional. :D

Mods: Please sticky!!!! :)

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Ok, doing the install on my 2011 R/T Classic and there seems to be an issue with the passenger side air duct (the one that comes with the SRT8 belly pan). On my car there is an aluminum pump or what looks like a pump in the way of the air duct passage. Is this normal? I ordered the 2011 SRT8 belly pan. Much help would be appreciated.

Thank you, Jorge

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts

Ok, doing the install on my 2011 R/T Classic and there seems to be an issue with the passenger side air duct (the one that comes with the SRT8 belly pan). On my car there is an aluminum pump or what looks like a pump in the way of the air duct passage. Is this normal? I ordered the 2011 SRT8 belly pan. Much help would be appreciated.

Thank you, Jorge
Mine bolted right up with nothing in the way.

My car has STP(Super Track Pack) so if yours doesn't, maybe it's the power steering pump :dunno:
I think the SRT & RT/STP cars have some type of electric pump which may be located in a different spot.

But that is purely a guess... maybe someone else can chime in for you.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mine bolted right up with nothing in the way.

My car has STP(Super Track Pack) so if yours doesn't, maybe it's the power steering pump :dunno:
I think the SRT & RT/STP cars have some type of electric pump which may be located in a different spot.

But that is purely a guess... maybe someone else can chime in for you.
We went ahead and left the passenger duct out for now until we can figure it out. I'm not sure if my car has the STP, how do I find out? I'm going to look at it more closely and see what it actually is. Looks like some sort of pump, but not sure which one.

Thank you for the response. I appreciate you chiming in.

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
Check to see if you have Goodyear F1 tires.
Pretty sure to get them on an RT, you needed the STP option
Or crawl under and measure the rear sway bar.
PO4782873AB** _= 16mm = RT & SRT
P05180016AA8** = 20mm = RT with STP

Or check your window sticker for the $495 STP option in 2011, $400 (2010)

** Note: above are the 2009-10 part numbers

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Will do. I'll take a look at that. I did look at the car this morning again and it appears that the pump in question looks like an electric power steering pump. The two hoses go directly to the steering rack and the funny thing is I don't see a power steering fluid reservoir. Maybe it's hidden?

I say electric because I don't see a pulley on the serpentine system for power steering. I sure learn more and more about this car every day.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Just confirmed that I do not have the STP. My tires are Firestone Firehawks and I looked at the window sticker. No $495 Charge for STP.

Thanks again for your help. :D

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Anyone with a 392 or very familiar with my question, can you please chime in. Thank you, Jorge

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.