Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'd really like to put some of these on my car, I love the pictures I've seen on them (also the interior lights by the same company). This might sound really silly, but as I'm just getting into aftermarket car stuff please be patient. Anyway, does having the halo lights on alter the entire color of the headlight? I like the ringed effect it has, but obviously driving down the road at night with all red or all blue headlights is a really quick way to get pulled over. I'd like to have the red ring effect but obviously keep the actual color of the headlights the way they are. Secondly, I'm guessing that having these on would not effect the warranty of the car, or if it did, it would only apply to the headlights? Finally, any opinions on what color halo would look best with the car I have? Thanks guys. (Im kinda leaning towards red or white but cant decide).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Depends on which model you go with. You can go with the color change ones that you can make any color you want or go with just a 2 color combo and get white and switch to the single color you choose. I have orange and white on mine and I can drive with them on since I hooked them into the low beam. Also if you wire them correctly you can turn them on even if the headlights aren't on. I am going to rewire mine so they are independent from the headlights. You do need to pull the headlights apart to get the halos in so that might void the warranty of the lights themselves. It does not alter the headlight color much there is a tint but nothing really noticeable. Hopefully this helps answer some of your questions.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

That does help, also, is there a switch where you can turn the halos off when you don't want people to see em, such as when your pulling into work?

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Personally I like the CCFL halo, but they do not color shift, I don't see any color difference in my head light when I have them on. I do have them on a remote from oracle so I can run them when I want, hope it helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts