Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Challenger R/T Scat Pack
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I have a question or two about new cars being delivered to dealerships from the Brampton plant. I’ve just ordered my first car ever. I’ve bought new cars, but only ones off the lot. I’ve heard talk about cars being transported in a truck and about being delivered by railway. Maybe they are done in a combination of the two. Has anyone ever ordered a new car in the mid to lower east coast? North Carolina specifically. My order was placed on December 1 for my R/T Scat and on the 18th it was already in Buffalo. How would it travel to North Carolina? Of course they are shipping the car to me by transport truck here in Kentucky after it arrives and we complete paperwork, but I’m just curious how it traveled.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Rail to the nearest hub, then trucked the rest of the way.

·
Registered
16,219 Posts
You can also tell your dealer to save every pice of paper in the car and in it you will likely find the shipping order which will have the routing and carriers on it to document the way it got to your dealer but the above sounds right.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Challenger R/T Scat Pack
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rail to the nearest hub, then trucked the rest of the way.
Thanks. That's what I figured.
You can also tell your dealer to save every pice of paper in the car and in it you will likely find the shipping order which will have the routing and carriers on it to document the way it got to your dealer but the above sounds right.

Great idea.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts

Make sure your dealer understands well ahead of time how you want the car "prepped" Dealers routinely remove and toss everything associated with the packaging of a shipped vehicle. They do it in a production-line fashion and yours could easily get accidentally "cleaned-up" more than you want, from a historical aspect anyway.

Reactions: Slidd
1 - 5 of 5 Posts