Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lest I be chastised for sacrilege, I can honestly say it hurts me not to get in and drive it, but I will resist during the long winters up here!

I'm wanting to get on this board to check out what others are doing to modify their Challengers, and see what I might be able to do on my own and potentially have done on it.

Since I really love the look of my Redline, I don't think I'll be doing much to modify the looks of it, aside from perhaps headlight/tail light modifications. What I'm really interested in are modifications to the the exhaust system and performance boosters. I've seen a bunch posted on the forums with people in their taglines detailing the changes they've made to their rides, and really appreciate those details as it gives me some (hopefully) good ideas on what to do.

I'm sure there's a section or a post here to ask for advice, but I am new yet and haven't looked very much at the boards to see if/where it is.

I have a question to all - what would be good to do to boost performance and sound of my Challenger? I was looking and saw some posted vids about resonator deleters, and Charger intake tubes, as well as a 'catch can'...?

I'm not a mechanic but do have the ability to do some of the work myself. What would you all recommend?

Thanks and hope to hear back!

·
Registered
511 Posts
It really depends on how much money you're willing to spend... Many of the members on here love blastin' bob's resonator deletes for the price and sound. Here is a link to a thread on those:

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f175/blastin-bobs-installation-pics-video-16260/

I went with a full cat back exhaust which can run you as much as $2000 when all is said and done. If you are looking for that route there are many options which you would have to listen to decide.

As I already said though, you need to first know what you are willing to spend.

·
Registered
315 Posts
You can get an awesome cat back for less than $700... The Dynomax VT is one of the best that I have owned and it sounds amazing. There is absolutely no drone effect with this set-up. If you really want to beef it up more then add headers. Kook's LT headers with the Green High Flow Cats will set you back about $1800 but the green cats keep the CEL away. I will tell you that installing the headers on the Challenger is a bear even with a lift.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Since you got the manual tranny, drone would not be an issue IF you go with a quality cat back system. I've got the magnaflow competition 16885 with quad round tips which costs about 11 12 hundred but if you like the stick tips, you go with the 16886 model and put in your stock tip on it which is a cheaper way to go, about 7 to 8 hundred bucks.
The stock cai is a very good system, so I wouldn't touch it.
As far as performance goes, the best mod for the buck is the diablo tuner, about $600. You can get a custom tune from hemifever and buy the tuner from him and he won't charge you for the tune.
First, you need to make your car sing with a quality catback.
Next, I'd get a front and a rear strut bar to improve the handling.
After that, the sky is the limit. Good luck.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
426 Posts
If you're not looking to drop a bunch of money, I recommend the Blastin Bob's MFCE exhaust. 2.5" pipes with glasspacks. Produces a pretty nice sound.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
I'm sorry, didn't realize yours was 5.7. But one thing the sure, get the competition series over the street series. The street series are just too quiet. The comp series are very balanced and will give that deep growl muscle car sound if that's what you're looking for.
Call Maryland speed and they will answer your questions/concerns. They're a vendor here and they've got good prices. Just call them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts
Mopar Stage 1 lowering springs for sure........and let's see some pictures of that ride!

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Get a strut tower brace, it's a must have for better handling IMO.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts