Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i started out by adding an RT auto dual exhaust.
I just changed out the suitcase muffler for dual 2.25 magnaflow mufflers with full offsets. The custom muffler shop recommended i leave the rear resonators on until the magnaflows have broken in,they said it may be too loud or raspy without the rear resonators.
I have only done a couple hundred miles but i have noticed the mufflers have got louder but knowhere near loud enough. I can only hear the exhaust at WOT and it definitely sounds suppressed by the rear resonators.

So i have a couple of questions for those with similar set up.

1. Did anyone else start out with magnaflows and the resonators and then remove the resonators and how was the difference.
2.Do those with just dual magnaflow mufflers and no rear resonators feel that the exhaust note is deep/mellow enough,and can you hear the exhaust under most driving conditions not just WOT.
3. Does anyone have a second set of mufflers in place of the resonators.

thanks in advance to anyone that can give any input on this.

·
Registered
423 Posts
So i started out by adding an RT auto dual exhaust.
I just changed out the suitcase muffler for dual 2.25 magnaflow mufflers with full offsets. The custom muffler shop recommended i leave the rear resonators on until the magnaflows have broken in,they said it may be too loud or raspy without the rear resonators.
I have only done a couple hundred miles but i have noticed the mufflers have got louder but knowhere near loud enough. I can only hear the exhaust at WOT and it definitely sounds suppressed by the rear resonators.

So i have a couple of questions for those with similar set up.

1. Did anyone else start out with magnaflows and the resonators and then remove the resonators and how was the difference.
2.Do those with just dual magnaflow mufflers and no rear resonators feel that the exhaust note is deep/mellow enough,and can you hear the exhaust under most driving conditions not just WOT.
3. Does anyone have a second set of mufflers in place of the resonators.

thanks in advance to anyone that can give any input on this.

i have dual magaflows on mine no resi.. has low rumble but still too quiet for my taste.. next will be LT headers and No cats.. that will wake it up..

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
Liam, PM DGibson, we went through the same situation on his SE, when I eliminated the rear resonators, the Magnaflows sounded just the way he wanted. He may even be able to provide you with links to his youtube vids we took of the car taking off.

Jack

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
yup, with magnaflows and resonators, sounded just like a stock SE couldnt hear it at all. took resonators off and here is what I had.

very much pleased with the no resonator sound. glad we took them off on the initial install when we did.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the sound clips Dave,you did an awesome job with them.
Thanks to everyone elses input too.
The resonators will be coming off today:bigthumb:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The resonators have been removed and the exhaust now sounds great,nice deep mellow tone,no raspiness or ricer sound. It should get even better as the mufflers break in.
There is also no drone on the highway which is a plus.

For anyone interested the mufflers i used where 11235's,they slip right onto the RT auto pipework.

·
Registered
712 Posts
For anyone with Magnaflow 16500, I followed DGibson's lead. Kept the stock suitcase but took the resonators off. Mine sounds exactly like the video's above. Whether you've got Magnaflow true duals or the 2 into 1 into 2 set-up like mine, you'll get the same result.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts