Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this mod makes engagement/disengagement of the clutch a smoother, but I was curious if it affects the clutch pedals stiff-ness at all? Meaning, does it make the clutch pedal feel any lighter to push in?

I saw had read somewhere, where someone had said it does, but haven't read that anywhere else so wasn't sure. So I was curious if anyone could confirm or deny that? I find the clutch a bit stiff for my liking to push in, nothing I can't live with though, but was curious if this mod might help.

I'd also like to hear how you'd describe the difference after the mod, any and all things big or small afterwards.

I'm still going to do it, but just curious. I've got to wait till this weekend when my first with the lift is free, so in the mean time I thought I'd ask yet more questions here :grin2:

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,853 Posts
I know this mod makes engagement/disengagement of the clutch a smoother, but I was curious if it affects the clutch pedals stiff-ness at all? Meaning, does it make the clutch pedal feel any lighter to push in?

I saw had read somewhere, where someone had said it does, but haven't read that anywhere else so wasn't sure. So I was curious if anyone could confirm or deny that? I find the clutch a bit stiff for my liking to push in, nothing I can't live with though, but was curious if this mod might help.

I'd also like to hear how you'd describe the difference after the mod, any and all things big or small afterwards.

I'm still going to do it, but just curious. I've got to wait till this weekend when my first with the lift is free, so in the mean time I thought I'd ask yet more questions here :grin2:
I did not notice a difference in pedal firmness (BTW make sure you pump the pedal like ~200 time to bleed it). The difference I noticed with it removed was the engagement was spot on. Before when I would run quickly and hard through the gears I would smell a faint odor of burnt clutch and engagement felt soft.

Just make sure you don't loose the spring clip. Not the end of the world if you do as there is a thread where you can find a replacement.

Trust me, you will not regret this mod.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I didn't notice any difference in stiffness, just that the engagement point became much less vague. I've been driving manual trans for 35 years, and believe me I was embarrassed by how many times I stalled this car before I removed that stupid valve.

·
Registered
410 Posts
No peddle difference. It just makes the engagement faster because the clutch isn't slipping on the slow engagement. You get a harder jerk (distance/time^3) when you change gears.

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
2,718 Posts
I got wheel hop from hell afterwards. The fix is in the works. >:)

·
Registered
178 Posts
No difference in pedal stiffness here either, and i have no idea what i did with the dam little spring, i know i had it somewhere in the garage :)

·
Registered
598 Posts
The only change I noticed is the clutch engages at the same point every time now. Prior, it was always a guess as to when it would engage.

·
Registered
121 Posts
It did feel a little bit firmer, as I have test driven a few challenger hellcats without. Definitely will make shifts easier, once the transmission is warmed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
1,057 Posts
Another question for the folks on here. I did the CDV delete sometime ago and think it’s great, but was wondering if anyone has used Launch Control with the delete done? I had some updates done to my 13 SRT last June and it added Launch control to my car (early year build). I haven’t tried it out, because I recall someone stating that it would be too rough on the trans without the CDV. What are your thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,853 Posts
Another question for the folks on here. I did the CDV delete sometime ago and think it’s great, but was wondering if anyone has used Launch Control with the delete done? I had some updates done to my 13 SRT last June and it added Launch control to my car (early year build). I haven’t tried it out, because I recall someone stating that it would be too rough on the trans without the CDV. What are your thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The trans will take it but the driveshafts/differential will take a spanking. The alternative is, you re-install the CDV and wait for the clutch to go.

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
1,057 Posts
Really not that important to me. Was more curious than anything. I’ve never been in a car and done launch control. I’d rather parts last especially since I’m stationed in Germany the next few years and it’s hard replacing large items. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
I am putting a new clutch in next week and the CDV delete is already done on the new slave and it's in the box ready to go. I am interested to see how it's going to feel as my M6 is a RPM Level VII and with the new clutch there will be a whole bunch of "new" feelings!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I just did this last week, on my 18 Scat. It really improves things. The clutch is just weird with the delay valve in place. I have driven so many cars with mechanical clutches over the years that the pedal effort in the Challenger feels feather light, to me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts