Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAD been debating between a Mustang, Camaro, and Challenger, until I drove them. I've driven them a few times now, and keep getting the same result: Challenger wins out.

I really like the looks and superior ride. I plan to use it as a daily driver
April - October.

I drove a 2009 RT with a 6 speed, but plan to get the automatic.

How can I learn what color options exist for 2009 and 2010 ? (I plan to buy used) And this may seem trivial, but what factory 'striping' options exist ?

What are some of the key options/considerations I might want to take into account ?

- drive ratios available
- any options/features you really like/wish you had (I really liked the heated seats)
- other ?

Does the R/T required premium fuel ?

Lastly, are there any reliability/quality issues I should take into account as I'm looking ?

Thanks.

Dave

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
The auto trannys are 3.06 rear gears, They suggest 89 octain fuel with 10% ethenol max but will run on 87. There are alot of people haveing problems with the push button start, Mine works fine and is real nice to have. There is a post on here you could see a chart of what colors they have and how many of each are out there. I don't know about stripping.

7,359 Posts
Hit the search tab as everything you asked has been discussed 100+ times over by now and its all in here somewhere.
Hope this helps man god luck and happy motoring in the near future!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Not sure how accurate this is but;
2011 Challenger colors:
Brilliant Black
Blackberry Pearl
Billet Metallic
Bright White
Dark Charcoal Pearl
Mango Tango Pearl
Redline 3 Pearl
Green with Envy
Inferno Red Crystal Pearl Coat

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
search google for what you want plus challengertalk in the search criteria.......its better than trying the search on the forum here

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
Here is a link to help you out it has all of the production figures for the 2009 for the R/T the factory offer is hood to fender stripes, all your questions should be answered in the link :)
2008-2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 (and 2009-11 Challenger R/T and SE cars)

I HAD been debating between a Mustang, Camaro, and Challenger, until I drove them. I've driven them a few times now, and keep getting the same result: Challenger wins out.

I really like the looks and superior ride. I plan to use it as a daily driver
April - October.

I drove a 2009 RT with a 6 speed, but plan to get the automatic.

How can I learn what color options exist for 2009 and 2010 ? (I plan to buy used) And this may seem trivial, but what factory 'striping' options exist ?

What are some of the key options/considerations I might want to take into account ?

- drive ratios available
- any options/features you really like/wish you had (I really liked the heated seats)
- other ?

Does the R/T required premium fuel ?

Lastly, are there any reliability/quality issues I should take into account as I'm looking ?

Thanks.

Dave

·
Registered
348 Posts
Make sure above all else that you drive an auto before making up your mind. Auto's will [typically] do better if you put them on a track, but having driven stick and auto, I will tell you that they both have their own feel.

If you're getting an R/T, for 09/10 I believe the only factory stripe kit available was the hood-to-fender stripe option. Can't remember off my head, but at least for '10 the stripes were offered in different colors [but the color choices were limited by the ext. color of the car they were going on].

·
Registered
723 Posts
Make sure above all else that you drive an auto before making up your mind. Auto's will [typically] do better if you put them on a track, but having driven stick and auto, I will tell you that they both have their own feel.

If you're getting an R/T, for 09/10 I believe the only factory stripe kit available was the hood-to-fender stripe option. Can't remember off my head, but at least for '10 the stripes were offered in different colors [but the color choices were limited by the ext. color of the car they were going on].
Yep, cept for the Classic RT with the side stripes. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
86 Posts
I originally favored the Camaro. My favorite muscle car is the 1968 Camaro. When I test drove the Camaro and Challenger, I changed my mind and decided I'm going to get a Challenger. The Camaro has better performance and is more reliable than the Challenger. Consumer Reports gave the Camaro an Excellent Predicted Reliability while the Challenger got a Poor Predicted Reliability rating. But the Camaro doesn't make sense as a daily driver. My Mazda 3 felt more spacious inside. The Challenger seats are way more comfortable and you get options like DVD Navigation. The Challenger feels and looks more like a Muscle Car while the Camaro feels like a Corvette with a Camaro body. As far as the Mustang goes, didn't even give it a try. It looks plain and I see one every time I turn a corner. Plus 90% of Mustangs on the road are V6's. I can't stand it when people buy Muscle Car V6's. It totally defeats the purpose.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts