Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 Challenger SRT in BSP
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  • For the 6-speed, have the synchros been improved (composite?) or still have the "nibble?"
  • Signal indicators still in same place in gauge cluster? (Not a good location IMO but no big deal.)
  • Express up for power windows as is appearing in other Chrysler vehicles?
  • Is exterior lighting (brakes, parking, etc.) LED now or still incandescent?
  • Anyone know yet if the infamous Hemi tick exists in the 392?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I hear crickets chirping...

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
To add to the list, does the clutch get upgraded too for the 6.4 srt from the 6/1s?
From the SRT Engineer round table two weeks ago on the Charger forums.:

The 2011 Challenger has a revised clutch and transmission input shaft. What benefits does this revised setup provide?

The clutch has a bit higher clamp load to handle the extra torque of the 392. The input shaft changes to a high strength material. Note that the clutch splines change from a 26 tooth to a 10 tooth so they are not interchangeable without also changing the trans.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From the SRT Engineer round table two weeks ago on the Charger forums.:
Thanks, upgrayedd! No word on the synchos I guess? Really hoping the "nibble" is gone. Appreciate the read on the clutch and output shaft. Good stuff!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Thanks, upgrayedd! No word on the synchos I guess? Really hoping the "nibble" is gone. Appreciate the read on the clutch and output shaft. Good stuff!

Sure maybe I'll be able to answer a few more when my IE comes in (tail lights and window q's). As for the rest they may have to wait until the next Round table to be asked. :)

·
Registered
653 Posts
The next round table probably won't be until July. We'll all have our 392s by then (if we're lucky) and can answer the questions ourselves. :)

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Found answers on gr8srt8's thread re: guess who's got a new 392.

• For the 6-speed, have the synchros been improved (composite?) or still have the "nibble?"
    He says the shifting is SMOOOTH so big changes, tighter gates and apparently no nibble - yeah!!!
  • Signal indicators still in same place in gauge cluster? (Not a good location IMO but no big deal.)
    Yes. Same as previous.
  • Express up for power windows as is appearing in other Chrysler vehicles
    No. Still express down, but not up.
  • Is exterior lighting (brakes, parking, etc.) LED now or still incandescent?
    (not from gr8srt8 thread) no LEDs this year for the challenger.
  • Anyone know yet if the infamous Hemi tick exists in the 392?
    Yes, it still has a tick, but more "mechanical" that previous SRT8.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Shifts are noticeably smoother compared to the 09 and 10 models. I noticed that right away. The car shifts very well and I didn't notice any of the "nibble" you were referring too.

What I really like is the revised steering wheels control and the size of the steering wheel. They are spot on and the smaller steering wheel definitely makes the car feel smaller (in a good way).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts