Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Questions on buying a new Challenger

2K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  TrueyBandz15 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all.

I just moved to Greater LA from Australia, I'm looking to buy a new Challenger.
I'm currently deciding between an R/T Classic and an R/T Shaker.

I have a few questions I was hoping some people could help me out on:

I really like the granite crystal colour in the RTC, and I see some members here have the dual black stripes on them, and they're quite hard to see. I was wondering if they're more visible with your own eyes?

I'm currently emailing a dealer in greater LA trying to place a build/order, and they're starting to get really irritating to deal with. Slow responses, don't answer questions, need frequent reminders, etc.
I'd be willing to order interstate if the price is good, can anyone recommend a dealer willing to place a build of my exact specifications?
I hear Bob Frederick is good to deal with? Can anyone forward me his contact information?

Edit: I also wanted to know if a "10 mile test drive" by a dealer is a normal thing after placing an order? I'd much prefer to buy a new car with a nice round 0 on the odometer.

Thanks all.

See less See more
#2 ·
#3 · (Edited)
Yes, 10 miles on the odometer is quite normal. There have been threads here discussing this and I think one of the lowest reported was 8 miles, with most coming in between 10 and 20miles. My previous R/T was delivered with 11.
Also, Bob Frederick has a outstanding reputation as a Challenger dealer, He knows and loves these cars, but he's east coast.
You might try Baxter Chrysler/Dodge they also have a great reputation and are a lot closer to the west coast.
Look in the vendors section Baxter is a supporting vendor on our forums.
Others may chime in with the better Dodge dealers in Southern Cal.

#4 ·
Well I think I broke that record because mine only had 7! lol.

It had just been delivered to the dealership, it was so new that I almost walked away because they didnt know they had it. Fresh off the truck hadnt even been inspected yet.

OP,
If you are going with an RT then make sure it has the super track pack. If you dont, you will wish you had.

#5 ·
You need to do an email blast to more than one dealer and be wiling to increase you search radius. I bought mine from orange coast dodge in Orange County. They claim to be one of the largest challenger dealers. Got almost 6k off my yellow jacket. Check out van nuys dodge, glen e Thomas in long beach to name a few. Lower your expeditions a bit because most dealers are not very knowledgeable. It's your responsibility to do your homework and get the best deal possible.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#6 ·
"Edit: I also wanted to know if a "10 mile test drive" by a dealer is a normal thing after placing an order? I'd much prefer to buy a new car with a nice round 0 on the odometer."

When I ordered my Challenger I gave the dealer (Owner & Friend) explicit instructions that only his most trusted employee drive my car, Car arrived at 3:45 on a Friday and I picked it up Saturday at 8:00 am after I drove for 250 miles to take delivery. Odometer had 1 mile on it when I took ownership. Being in LA it will have a couple of miles on it if your taken delivery in the LA area - several trains and rail yards before getting out there.

#7 ·
Not to burst your bubble but you might have some trouble ordering that shaker. All are spoken for. The dealer I just ordered my plus through didn't have any shakers on the lot yet but they are a really large dealer and were allocated 3 of them. They told me they had several people wanting to order them but they ordered what they wanted and with the options they wanted. Basically they got them loaded because they know they are going to sell them. My salesman even told me " they aren't going to sell for a penny less than msrp". And chances are they are gonna tack on a few grand. Good luck though. As for the black stripes on GCM. I personally like it. Gives it that something extra without the flashiness.

#8 · (Edited)
Tacoma Dodge in Tacoma, WA will order a car to your specifications, and they have a great internet Sales Department.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.