Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK

If you read my profile I just purchase a used 2010 challenger SRT8 6 speed and I love it, this was my dream car since I was a kid. Plus I have been reading a lot on this website.

But anyway 1 question:

What is a skip shift eliminator?
I already shift from 1st to 3rd on easy driving, I see no read out on the dash and I get no CEL

question 2

180 degree thermostat? What does it come stock with? and I understand I have to have a tuner in order to take full advantage of that mod.

From reading I plan on the following Mods
1. catch can (that cant hurt to put an extra filter in the PCV flow)
2. CAI I'm thinking LMI true CAI (all engines love cold air)

I recalibrated the throttle thanks to a post on here by turning on the car/no start and depressing the throttle slowly and releasing slowly, turned car off, then started car. Plus I pulled the #2 fuse for about 5 min.

Plus was playing with the stock airbox and the hose fell right off of the throttle body (previous owner must have had a CAI on it) Tightened everything up by the way.

Took a test drive and man what a difference, I know you going to think I'm silly but turned off the esp aand smoked the tires for the first time.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
959 Posts
the skip shift eliminator keeps the car from forcing you to go from 1st to 4th gear. It's a fuel saving feature and a pain in the butt. They go for less than 20 bucks and you can install it yourself from under the car. You will eventually run into the skip shift "feature" unless the previous owner installed the eliminator already. You may want to take a look under the car while it's up on a lift.

I never did the thermostat swap so I'll let others describe that mod.

Congrats on the car, have fun.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Rallye72 mentioned all there is about the skip shift.

A 180 degree thermostat will allow your engine to run cooler BUT in order to really gain the benefit of it you would need a tuner to change the fan settings (Low speed and high speed temperatures at which the fans kick in).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts