Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've hydro-dipped a gauge cluster I purchased but don't know how to remove the factory one. I know most of the connectors are just push in clips but it has one hole suggesting a bolt/screw goes there. How do I remove the panel underneath??? Any help would be great

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
To remove the gauge panel, start with the driver's door open. Along the vertical post you will see a plastic panel about one foot long. This is held in with snap clips. Pry this piece off.

Removing that piece exposes one screw in to the post through a tab on the knee kicker panel. Remove that screw and another along the bottom edge about 6 inches in from the door end. The panel is then held in by more snap clips. Grasp the edges of the panel and firmly tug them loose.

Once the kicker panel is out, you should see the screw tab you are referring to. Remove that screw, and you have more snap clips to deal with. You've got to be a bit more careful removing the gauge panel because it is made of a more brittle plastic than the other two parts.

Good luck.

·
Banned
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for this detailed info!!!! I'll try installing it tonight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts