Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using the 5000 lb. Quick Jack https://www.quickjack.com/

I am thinking of getting one foe minor work, sinceI don't have room for a lift in my gaurge

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea hope some that have one will chime in ..

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,120 Posts

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I've looked at the Quick Jack in the past. It seems to be a quality piece. My issue was driving over the stored ramps on the garage floor or finding a place to store them when not in use. Plus storing the hydraulic unit, hoses, etc. My garage is pretty full.

I already have a good-size compressor, so I ended up buying this air bag jack off Fleabay:

I use a 12" length of 2x2 placed behind the pinch weld to lift the side of the car. I use Esco jack stands under the front frame rail and under the rear rubber bumper in front of the rear tire. Then if I need to lift the car higher, I place the air bag jack on one or two of these for more lift. I got them on Amazon:

It's a system that works well for me. If you have an SRT or lowered car, you may have to roll the front tires up on some ramps to get enough clearance for the air bag.

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
Probably better than nothing but (as mentioned) it's something that must be stored when not in use.

Most of all, it doesn't raise the vehicle very high and of course you will still be doing you work on your back. I've seen lifts that raise the vehicle about 2-4 feet which is the worst - too high to lie down and too low to stand under. Nothing is harder than trying to work bent over in a crouch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts