Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2019 Challenger R/T with the T/A option. I saw in the detailing section that some Challengers (not necessarily 2019's) have a painted matte black hood, but the top, trunk, and spoiler are not painted but "wrapped". What is "wrapped"? Wasn't sure where to post this since I'm so new to the Challenger family, but will be glad to post elsewhere if directed to the correct place.

·
Registered
16 Posts
"Wrapped" is basically a big vinyl decal. If you see business vehicles with photographs and lettering completely wrapping around the truck, that's printed vinyl. So on the Challenger, it's not paint, but a vinyl patch, like a stripe. I've seen Challengers completely wrapped with rust, flames, etc.

·
Registered
16,005 Posts
The roof, trunk and nose piece of your T/A are wrapped, it's all vinyl. Only the hood on T/A is painted, not sure on the rear spoiler.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, it sure feels like it's painted. I can feel the stripes on the sides are decals but would never expected to find out only the hood was painted. When washing and detailing, is the wrapping treated like paint ?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Had mine wrapped just a few days after i bought it. The shop i went to has a printer and can print out any design you like or there are hundreds of solid colors. You also get your choice of finish - i went with matte. It took them 3 days to put it on (they disassemble quite a bit of trim).

As for detailing, yes its pretty much like paint. i use a soap that is designed for matte finishes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts