Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw two types of quick oil drain valves and I wonder if they are worth the money. They are:
ValvoMax Oil Drain Valve
Fumoto Oil Drain Valve
I’ve read several reviews of both and the most complaints about the Fumoto valve is that it slightly leaks. Does anyone use either one of these? Are they worth the money?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,453 Posts
I bought the Fumoto valve, but never installed it. I got the Topsider oil extractor and do the oild change from the top. Try as I might, no idea where my Fumoto valve is now, lol

A Guy

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought the Fumoto valve, but never installed it. I got the Topsider oil extractor and do the oild change from the top. Try as I might, no idea where my Fumoto valve is now, lol

A Guy
Mmmm...interesting. Let me look that up!

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,640 Posts
I saw two types of quick oil drain valves and I wonder if they are worth the money. They are:
ValvoMax Oil Drain Valve
Fumoto Oil Drain Valve
I’ve read several reviews of both and the most complaints about the Fumoto valve is that it slightly leaks. Does anyone use either one of these? Are they worth the money?
Sorry but I'm old school. I just rely upon the drain plug and follow the factory's guidelines regarding fitting a new sealing ring or "crush washer" and tightening the drain plug to the right torque.

My concerns about these are how exposed the drain valve is to damage by road debris and what risk is there of the valve opening up on its own?

Given how many oil changes are done either for "free" or at some cost to the owner not one factory has come out with any kind of quick drain valve fitted.

I'm not even sure we'll ever see the oil change process switch to a no drain oil change. For a long long time a shop will have to be able to accommodate the old drain process and the new no drain process. And buy the equipment and have at least 2 systems or more: As it is now any service bay can be used for an oil change when all it takes is removing a drain plug and letting the oil drain into an oil collector.

Automakers almost certainly will not standardize so the machinery may not be compatible across different car brands or even different models of the same brand.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had the Fumoto valve on my 5.7 Magnum for 10 years with no issues. Downside is it drains much slower due to the smaller opening.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,453 Posts
The valve if installed on a Challenger would be behind the belly pan, so no chance to get knocked loose I'd think

A Guy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts