Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For those of you that have installed the Airaid CAI, is it to be expected for the tube to become painfully hot to the touch after about 10 minutes of driving? I've got a 2010 RT with the 5.7 hemi and just installed the Airaid this afternoon. After a few minutes of driving the tube itself becomes too hot to keep a finger on but the element itself is barely warm. Is this normal? I've read many of the debates on here about whether or not the CAI's actually make a performance difference and I'm not looking to bring that discussion back up, just wanting to know if this is normal operating behavior. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'll try bumping this one time. Hopefully someone with an Airaid cai can answer this for me. Thanks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I cant speak for the Airaid intake but my K&N that I just installed over the last weekend gets hotter than hell. Like almost hotter than stock but to be honest, I've never touched the stock airbox.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I haven't put one on my Challenger yet , but the Airaid cai on my Camaro gets really hot. I would say its normal for them to get like that with all the heat under the hood.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts