Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I am trying to start building a 2010 Challenger I got about a year ago and I have thought about adding a quick release steering wheel. All my friends like JDM cars and say putting a quick release on a Challenger is dumb, what do y'all think? Should I try it out or keep the wheel as it is?

·
Super Moderator
15,432 Posts
You don't need one on a Challenger with its large interior space.

Quick release steering wheels are only necessary on racing and competition vehicles. Their purpose is to aid a driver's entrance and exit from the tight confines of the racing cockpit, as well as the easy removal of an injured driver by safety personnel.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Ive only seen a few in the newer camaros and thought it was ridiculous.

They are a jdm fad and a race car necessity. I would never even consider one in a modern muscle car short of it becoming a full blown race car.

But to each their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ive only seen a few in the newer camaros and thought it was ridiculous.

They are a jdm fad and a race car necessity. I would never even consider one in a modern muscle car short of it becoming a full blown race car.

But to each their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is a project car and I want to load it down with whatever I can and that's why I'm considering one, on top of that I. just don't like the look and feel of the stock wheel either.

·
Premium Member
2008 Challenger SRT8 #1101. 2005 Dodge Magnum RT AWD
562 Posts
It is a project car and I want to load it down with whatever I can and that's why I'm considering one, on top of that I. just don't like the look and feel of the stock wheel either.
Around where I live there have been quite a few car thefts lately. Especially if people are warming their cars in the morning. One person has consistently used the club for this reason but a removable steering wheel would be just as good.

do what you think you’ll like!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts