Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 Charger Pursuit
5,524 Posts
I’ve seen some members reference having one, they look nice, when you get it, can I come borrow it? ?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I just posted the same thing in another thread. The only thing I am leery about is the pictures show it with a Corvette and now this one with a Mustang, will they actually support a real car?
The info at the link indicates the QuickJack will support 5000lbs per pair. The Hellcat at least my 2018 example weighs less than 5000lbs.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Definitely use some safety jacks . I would hate to be under this thing if anything failed.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really would like to see one of these beforehand. It doesn't look too substantial. The 7000 pound capacity one costs a lot more, as Costco doesn't have it.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
here, this shows a video of them actually lifting a car. I posted these on the other thread about jacking cars... BTW I have a friend who has 4 floor jacks and he is still one jack off....

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have one. Lifts my 2015 Grand Cherokee with no problems.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,600 Posts

A Guy

·
Registered
46 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hardest thing about these is the set up. Each side weighs about 90 lbs. Once you get the units under the car and you start to raise them, you have to go from side to side making sure that the pads are going to hit the jack points on the rockers. I have their pinch weld rubber blocks so the blocks won't damage the pinch welds.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
People that use the front pinch welds are not using the correct lift points. Why not use the recommended lift points that are in the fsm? It should reach.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Anyway, I am pretty much sold on this thing. All I gotta do is keep my neighbor from seeing it!

·
Registered
2016 Challenger RT Plus
201 Posts
Hardest thing about these is the set up. Each side weighs about 90 lbs. Once you get the units under the car and you start to raise them, you have to go from side to side making sure that the pads are going to hit the jack points on the rockers. I have their pinch weld rubber blocks so the blocks won't damage the pinch welds.
I was just thinking that if I got this I would definitely be using pinch weld adapters. Where did you get rubber block ones? I have a metal one I got off Amazon to use with my floor jack.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
I have used one for two Hellcats now for about three years, many times now. I have the 5000# unit. I use ZL1 pinch weld adaptors and the QuickJack supplied shorter rubber items btw the jacks and the adaptors as instructed. Works like a charm I am never worried or concerned and have spent hours under the car with NO extra supports. If you watch their website videos these very substantial units have shown a capacity of much more than the 5000# rating.

It would be against the vivid and clear instructions to NOT line it up straight on the pinch welds.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was just thinking that if I got this I would definitely be using pinch weld adapters. Where did you get rubber block ones? I have a metal one I got off Amazon to use with my floor jack.
Got them from Quickjack.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger RT Plus
201 Posts
so the Ext model is 6 inches longer than the Slx model. What’s everyone’s opinion on which would be best for the challenger?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts