Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strange story:
On 04/16/20 I bought a CHALLENGER COLD AIR INTAKE DUCT OEM NEW MOPAR 68322216AA on eBay from this dealer.
With more than 730.000 (!!) transactions I had the feeling to have a good and reliable partnet for MOPAR parts which are too expensive in Germany.
After some days I asked for a tracking number. The answer was, they have problems with the stock, no airintake for me, its on restock. After over 2 weeks I asked again. Still no airintake in stock. Some days later they proposed to cancel the deal. I agreed .. there are more Mopar-Dealers out in the USA which sell only stuff they physically and really own.
2 working days later I still did not get my money back vie Paypal. No communication.
I opened a case on Paypal to get my money back.
Meanwhile (or suddenly??) quirkparts.com contacted me and told me (now!) they can not give my money back due I opened a case on eBay .. what I never did because it is only possible after end of the month due the long transportation.
I tiold them that is costs 5 seconds to cancel a deal , sell back the customers money and get back the eBay fees. They should know that after 730.000 transactions on eBay.

So now I am for over 1 month without my money and without a air intake duct. Meanwhile I ordered it from Steve White Parts.

In it all ... if quirkparts pay back the 80 bucks I would close my case on paypal, but not possible. I had a very nice email ping-pong with a very friendly guy stating me that they WOULD give me back my money if they COULD. I do not unserstand the problem, I am sure, I will get back my bucks ... erlier or later but the customer service is terrible due several fails on there side:
  • never sell thing you do not have in stock
  • the customer is always right ;).. give him the /&%$&% 70 bucks and everything is fine.
So quirkkparts is on my blacklist. I am sure thousands have better experiences but this is my first and last experience with them.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Part 2 of the story:

Ordered the part from Steve White on 05/19/20 and arrived today (here in Germany!!) !
THANKS !
Paypal conflict with quirkparts .. still no answer on my conflict ! They have 4 more days .. never, never, never again ! Be aware !!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,928 Posts
Another glowing review for SWM ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
2020 HellRaisin 1320
217 Posts
they can not give my money back due I opened a case on eBay
That's very strange and definitely wrong. I sell on ebay and it's EASIER to give a refund once a case is open. It's in the interest of the seller to close that case as soon as possible too. That sucks you had to deal with it. It's sellers like that that make it tougher for the good ones.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The strange thing is: I payed NOT quirkparts. My partner on this deal and payment went to EBAY?! Maybe a service for power sellers.
I opened a case on PayPal, they give 2 weeks for answering for the opposite side and eBay so far did not answer. Why ? They have the money.

For amusement only .. my chat with eBay ...

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts