Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and looked. I have done my homework and I still can't figure out how to make my MOPAR exhaust louder. Some of that beautiful crackling sound at idle seems to be due to cam. Perhaps my only option is cutouts, but I'd like to hear other options.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
I have searched and looked. I have done my homework and I still can't figure out how to make my MOPAR exhaust louder. Some of that beautiful crackling sound at idle seems to be due to cam. Perhaps my only option is cutouts, but I'd like to hear other options.
Your mufflers are the issue. If you have a "Mopar exhaust" on an '09 it's most probably the Borla touring system which is VERY mild.... barely louder than stock, although it has a nice sound outside of the car. I had this system on my car at first and switched.

Honestly rather than cutting up that good quality exhaust I would clean, polish it and try to sell it in our classified sections. Get a good quality cat back that has some balls to it.

You could also try to find more aggressive mufflers and have an exhaust shop swap them out, that would be the best option on a budget. I actually replaced my whole system because it was defective, as the exhaust would "whistle" after 4k RPM, on top of that the fit was absolutely horrible. Didn't like the drone factor either.

Go hear some exhausts in real life from other Challenger owners and pick a sound you like. Sound clips don't do exhausts justice.

I wanted a very deep, boomy, smooth fat sounding (in a good way) exhaust that would give me a constant rumble. I went with Zoomers 2 1/2 years ago and haven't looked back. Now it truly sounds like a muscle car!

Good luck!

:thumbsup:

Reactions: ozzman

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I thought it was the mufflers as well. Will keep looking or just go ahead and replace and sell what I have.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Anybody know the Mopar cat-back exhaust reviews...or where I can find it...are people liking them, It came across to me from Dodge that if it wasn't Mopar, it would void the warranty.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Anybody know the Mopar cat-back exhaust reviews...or where I can find it...are people liking them, It came across to me from Dodge that if it wasn't Mopar, it would void the warranty.

Thanks
It would only void the warranty for the CATBACK, that would be totally insane if they voided your ENTIRE warranty because of a simple catback mod.

The Magnuson law states that the warranty can only be voided if they can prove that your mod has caused the problem to begin with.

Some dealers are sticklers though. I would honestly talk to another dealer and see what they have to say. No way would I keep my stock exhaust, the thing is as quiet as a Prius.

·
Registered
306 Posts

Thanks
Love my Mopar exhaust . I've got a 2010 6-speed. Previous owner had it installed, so free bee for me. I think corsa made the Mopar exhaust for 2010, but I'm not 100% though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2010 RT with the auto stick transmission. It came with the mopar CAI and Catback exhaust. It comes with high flow cats which are made by borla (srt's mopar are made by corsa) so it good quality but because my mufflers are so big it does take away from the sound I want. But on the freeway the growl is amazing. There is a drone but I like here my car all the time. What I would do if I were you is find out who makes the part you like borla for exhaust or kooks for headers and buy straight from them instead of just paying for the mopar logo.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts