Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon all, so I've recently acquired my new baby a 2010 furious fuchsia challenger RT as seen below. Well as you can see the RT badges paint is peeling, so I have a few options.

1.Peel the paint, leave it chrome colored
2. Repaint it Red
3. Paint is Furious Fuchsia to body match

What do you guys think?

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Bumper

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,429 Posts
IIRC there was a thread recently that someone had the same problem and repainted it red. I believe he even listed the paint color code for anyone that wanted to try it themselves. Do a search for “badge red R/T” and see what you get back...

·
Super Moderator
15,434 Posts
The same thing happened to the SRT8 badge on my rear spoiler. It is caused by the paint not adhering to the chrome metal. I touched it up with "Gloss Sunrise Red" Rust-O-leum paint, but I expect it to peel, again, in the future. The paint was a near perfect match. Another option, other than buying a new one, is to buy some red vinyl tape and trim around the R/T outline with an X-Acto knife.

·
Banned
429 Posts
You could buy a overlay and match it to your car color or any color you can go back to red lol
It’s cheap and you can overlay without the need to take off the bumper or badge or mask your car and even get paint oversprayed

They have them on eBay and Amazon
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Headlamp Green

It’s comes precut, I bought one for my SRT lid and the letters were cut perfectly, you don’t have to even mess with a blade or knife. They are wet applications so you spray soapy water place the decal, moving around to get a perfect fit then with your fingers gently press out any excess water and let it dry
View attachment 996262

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
713 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,680 Posts

A Guy

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
737 Posts
#2 or post #6

·
Premium Member
7,322 Posts
I would try to get some paint and touch it up. Prep the surface with acetone first to get the best adheasion. Do NOT get any acetone on the car's paint, not even one drop (cover with aluminum foil or such to protect the bumper).
Go to a hobby shop and get one of those tiny Testor's paint bottles used for models. You can likely get a very close match.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts