Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Sorry if this is going to sound quite noob-ish, but being from the UK I cant just go down the parts store and order brake pads for my car so I'm going to have to order them off the net and wait. And it's squealing like a pig in heat right now and people look for all the wrong reasons!

There's some Brembo ones on the UK amazon website that'll ship out in a day or so, but there's 2 different types and I want to be sure I'm getting the right ones.
I have a 2014 R/T, standard 2 piston, sliding calliper braking set up as far as I know. If there's different caliper set ups, is there any identifying features?

Brembo P11017 https://www.amazon.co.uk/Brembo-P11...cleSource=vehicle attributes&submodelId=55150

Brembo P11019 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00AJTAF7K/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

Thanks
Dave.

·
Super Moderator
16,209 Posts
the rear rotors determine if you have standard R/T brakes vs. the 'performance' brakes option

Solid rear rotor = standard R/T brakes

Vented rear rotor = performance R/T brakes

the thickness of the pads are different for the rear between the two versions, and the composition of pad material is different for the performance brakes.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
the rear rotors determine if you have standard R/T brakes vs. the 'performance' brakes option

Solid rear rotor = standard R/T brakes

Vented rear rotor = performance R/T brakes

the thickness of the pads are different for the rear between the two versions, and the composition of pad material is different for the performance brakes.
Hmm...I'm now left wondering if I did get the performance brake pads? It is on my build sheet, which from what I read is a different pad over the standard? However...my rotors are solid all around, no venting?:dunno:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry. I should have said!

It's front sets which I'm after. The different part numbers made me think the fronts are different also. The "does this fit your car" said both would, so I dont trust it all too much!

·
Super Moderator
16,209 Posts
Sorry. I should have said!

It's front sets which I'm after. The different part numbers made me think the fronts are different also. The "does this fit your car" said both would, so I dont trust it all too much!
the #11017s are the application that fits

Reactions: daveuk

·
Registered
15,039 Posts
All R/T rear brake rotors are vented, it's only the base SXT that has solid rear rotors and both are 12.6".

You either have the standard BR5 brakes or if your car has a manual transmission or Super Track Pack it will have the BR6 system. The BR6 is identical except front rotors are thicker (same 13.6" diameter) and the pads are changed to a higher temp material. On the Equipment Listing if it says Performance Brakes you've got the BR5, if it says HD Brakes you have BR6.

Back this VIN out and put yours in its place,

http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=2C3CDZH97JH100221

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
486 Posts
All R/T rear brake rotors are vented, it's only the base SXT that has solid rear rotors and both are 12.6".

You either have the standard BR5 brakes or if your car has a manual transmission or Super Track Pack it will have the BR6 system. The BR6 is identical except front rotors are thicker (same 13.6" diameter) and the pads are changed to a higher temp material. On the Equipment Listing if it says Performance Brakes you've got the BR5, if it says HD Brakes you have BR6.

Is that your Wide Body? and they have Line Lock?:surprise:

·
Registered
15,039 Posts
Is that your Wide Body? and they have Line Lock?:surprise:
Haha that's actually a Demon, no not mine, not getting one. Yes they have line lock, transbrake and other cool things, some of that might carry over to other cars next year.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Haha that's actually a Demon, no not mine, not getting one. Yes they have line lock, transbrake and other cool things, some of that might carry over to other cars next year.

Oops...thought it was a Hellcat
:eek:fftopic: Sorry OP

EDIT: Come to think of it...why doesn't the Hellcat have line lock. Just a software thing with a button somewhere.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts

Yeah its an m6 with stp.
Build sheet shows BR6.
Thks for the info.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts