Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm in quite the moment of truth. I got 13 days left to get my new Challenger. I'm between two options. And i've tried to find the answers here but really never got a consensus between the two Nav systems currently available.

First option:
2011 R/T Classic 'fully loaded' comes with the 430n NAV.

Second option:
2011 R/T Plus 'fully loaded' comes with the 730n NAV.

In terms of price it's pretty much the same.

In terms of looks i understand the differences in the wheels, Classic i get the classic wheels and Plus i get the chrome-clad wheels. Classic i get stripes, which i don't want anyways. And i don't get functional hood scoops or Challenger script emblems on fender, but i could add either of those in the future.

My main concern is to have the best NAV system i could get right now. Should i be scared of investing in the 430n or should i jump on the opportunity to get the R/T Plus with 730n which is the current generation of radios coming with the newer 2011 models.

Any insight or feedback is very much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Aren't they different because they are from different manufacturers? I believe the 730 was the old supplier and the 430n is from the new supplier? One is a Garmon Nav and the other is from someone else. I don't think I would base my decision on which NAV comes with the car, but if you want the forged Classic wheels or the plastic Chrome Clad wheels. Used to be the J model had the Chrome Clad and was the lower end car with cloth seats and less options to keep the price in the low 30's. The Classics had the better wheels, heated leather and they usually put the electronics on them which jacked the price into the high 30's.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I would go for the Classic pkg. You wont be sorry. Better wheels to boot...:)

And walnetto, where did you get that nose emblem? That is exactly what I am looking for, for my R/T.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
When I was researching my 2010 R/T purchase, I was looking for a 6-speed with Nav.

I beleive the difference between the two is the 730n has SIRIUS traffic, which is nice for the first year being free. Also the 730n has a great resource site called "The Unofficial MyGIG Information Site" http://mofv.com/mygig/

Regarding the 730n , there are still a few issues with this head unit. All surrounding the hard drive and it's functionality. (can't delete single songs, screen saver is not customizable, viewing so called photos are a joke..)

Overall the Nav plus 6-speed is what I was looking for, everything else was gravy (if I could afford it, which I found an incredible deal on mine).

Good luck

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've got a Classic fully-loaded with the 730N media center on order. From what I determined, it priced out lower than trying to fully-load out a R/T Plus due to the standard equipment differences.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Proud owner of a 2011 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic LOADED. Pick up date April 18. Thanks for the feedback. I took a look at some chrome-clad wheels and really didn't want them. The Classic wheels are really nice. I like the simplicity of the whole Classic look. It's…classic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts