Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After careful consideration, I've decided that I prefer the 1970 style front & rear with the classic 4 gauge dash, more than the upcoming 2015 1971 style front & rear with modern dash. Therefore, 2014 is my last chance of getting the R/T Classic in PCP of my dreams.
Is it unrealistic to purchase one with only the Autostick, STP & Polished Classic II Wheels options for under $30K? I know it was very possible 4 years ago during the height of the recession, but times have changed. :confused:

·
Registered
540 Posts
You can if you're okay with a 2013. No real change in 2014. Harder to find though. I got my R/T Plus under $27k and the classic is only $2k more.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I bought mine in July, PCP R/T Classic, Heritage II rims, Nag1 A5, sunroof, no fancy stereo- Classic package upgrades the Amp to 265W and adds infinity speakers- So you don't need to spend 2k on a stereo if you don't want to. I got 6500 off sticker, all in, that brought it down from 38250 to 31750. the sunroof is a 1k option, so you'll be right on point, give or take. Do a statewide on the Dodge "find" in PCP, then once found, do a Truecar in that zip code in PCP with your features. My dealer was not a true car dealer, But i asked them up front if they would meet the T/C price. they beat it by 750. :info-smilie:

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought mine in July, PCP R/T Classic, Heritage II rims, Nag1 A5, sunroof, no fancy stereo- Classic package upgrades the Amp to 265W and adds infinity speakers- So you don't need to spend 2k on a stereo if you don't want to. I got 6500 off sticker, all in, that brought it down from 38250 to 31750. the sunroof is a 1k option, so you'll be right on point, give or take. Do a statewide on the Dodge "find" in PCP, then once found, do a Truecar in that zip code in PCP with your features. My dealer was not a true car dealer, But i asked them up front if they would meet the T/C price. they beat it by 750. :info-smilie:
Was yours a special order or lot vehicle? Which dealership?

·
Registered
1,972 Posts

·
Registered
1,972 Posts

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Was yours a special order or lot vehicle? Which dealership?
mine was a on lot vehicle, 100 mlies away from me, did just what i advised you. all the dealers in the whole bay areas under truecar were close in price. they just beat it. they are in Manteca, CA, but ti doesn't matter. Just show up ready to buy, if the price is right. Only deal with the internet guy is usually best. Inspect the car before taking delivery.

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Your in Oregon, huh? I just pulled this off the Dodge find site in 5 mins. and that's limiting the search to 2013's. this ones in Turlock, CA.

http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=2C3CDYBT5DH724229

New 2013 Dodge Challenger R/T For Sale in Turlock CA | Vin: 2C3CDYBT5DH724229

Find is your friend. learn to use it.
I used it... I meant that I wasn't finding anything within my price range. I'll give a couple of them a call though. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Many forum members have found that dealerships who have Challengers on the lot that are a year old, it's because they're not willing to mark them down... until they have no choice in order to get them off the lot. I'll see what happens when I call, but I'm not driving 200+ miles to negotiate; the deal would need to be laid out beforehand.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I used it... I meant that I wasn't finding anything within my price range. I'll give a couple of them a call though. Thanks.
That's the advertised price. Mine was advertised at $33K, I paid less than $27K.

·
Registered
42 Posts
After careful consideration, I've decided that I prefer the 1970 style front & rear with the classic 4 gauge dash, more than the upcoming 2015 1971 style front & rear with modern dash. Therefore, 2014 is my last chance of getting the R/T Classic in PCP of my dreams.
Is it unrealistic to purchase one with only the Autostick, STP & Polished Classic II Wheels options for under $30K? I know it was very possible 4 years ago during the height of the recession, but times have changed. :confused:
Hello PDX,
I am also trying to decide on the 2014 or 2015 (since it appears it will come with the 8spd automatic). I'm curious where you heard or saw photos noting that the upcoming 2015 will have the 1971 style front & rear with modern dash ? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
I just compared photos of 70 vs 71...

It appears that current car looks every bit as much a 70, as it does a 71. The tail light of both 70 and 71 are similar to the modern, but also different. The differences between the 3 is roughly equivalent IMO. The grill of the 70' is the same as ours. BUT the 71 headlights are more like the modern car. The 71 inner/outer headlights are not aligned on the same plane (one light is further forward).

Where am I wrong?

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Super Moderator
15,023 Posts
I doubt there's many unsold Plum Crazy Classics languishing on dealer lots...unless its fully loaded (Sunroof, HK Perf Audio, Nav, Auto) and the dealer is asking prices through the sky for it because of the color.

Many R/T Classics tend to be optioned up, since its the next "step" before getting into SRT price categories.

Kind of like those '12 Yellow Jacket SRT8s...prices were high and dealers packed more onto the MSRP and they sat for 1-2 years on the lots.

Most often, you'll find a lot of Pitch Black color R/T classics (very common color) in all sorts of configurations (low or high options), more likely to find some leftover '13s in clearance prices.

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I doubt there's many unsold Plum Crazy Classics languishing on dealer lots...unless its fully loaded (Sunroof, HK Perf Audio, Nav, Auto) and the dealer is asking prices through the sky for it because of the color.

Many R/T Classics tend to be optioned up, since its the next "step" before getting into SRT price categories.

Kind of like those '12 Yellow Jacket SRT8s...prices were high and dealers packed more onto the MSRP and they sat for 1-2 years on the lots.

Most often, you'll find a lot of Pitch Black color R/T classics (very common color) in all sorts of configurations (low or high options), more likely to find some leftover '13s in clearance prices.
You're absolutely right. Everything I'm finding is close to the $40k mark. Damn, PCP is my dream color & this is my last chance. :eek:

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Might as well throw 2 grand more down...

You're absolutely right. Everything I'm finding is close to the $40k mark. Damn, PCP is my dream color & this is my last chance. :eek:
...and get a 6.4. I can't believe these dealers are marking them up that high.

·
Registered
456 Posts
...and get a 6.4. I can't believe these dealers are marking them up that high.
agreed. 40k im buying a srt. Theres a PCP core 6spd here been on the lot for months (used to have 2). cant believe they want the same price for R/T. Good luck with your decision.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts