Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I picked up my 2014 Challenger less than a year ago and came across the R/T Classic. From what Ive seen, the wheels on an R/T classic look more like the Crager wheels from back in the 70’s. I also read that they had the navigation option, functional hood scoops, 6 speed and the seats have those ridges like the 70’s challengers had along with the cursive ”Challenger” emblem on the fender. Now the R/T classics I’ve seen were pre 2014 model years so I’m wondering if I have an R/T Classic as well? Were there different style wheels for a 2014? I have the cursive fender emblems but I’ve seen other 2014 R/T’s with different wheels than mine. Since I bought the car used, I have no idea how to look up any options/packages my car came with unless it’s within the vin#? Here’s some pics of my car:

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Car Steering part Automotive design Motor vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Car Window Motor vehicle Vehicle Car seat cover

·
Registered
490 Posts
Nice Challenger and welcome to the forum! It appears you own my 2014 R/T Classic's doppelganger (as originally built). For 2014, the R/T Classic package included the following:

-20-Inch Polished Aluminum Wheels with Black Pockets (standard R/T Classic wheel)
-245/45R20 BSW All Season Performance Tires
-Ultra Premium Leather Seats
-Heated Front Seats
-Fender Challenger Script Badge
-Dual Black R/T Side Stripes
-Functional Hood Scoop
-High Intensity Discharge Headlamps
-6 Boston Acoustics® Speakers
-276-Watt Amplifier
-Electronics Convenience Group
-Temperature and Compass Gauge
-Tire Pressure Monitoring Display
-Power Heated Mirrors with Manual Fold-Away
-Universal Garage Door Opener
-Security Alarm
-ParkSense® Rear Park Assist System

From your pictures, you also have the following options:

-5-Speed Automatic Transmission
--Steering Wheel Mounted Shift Control
--Sport Mode
--AutoStick® Automatic Transmission
--Remote Start System
-Super Track Pak
--245/45ZR20 BSW Performance Tires
--Track Tuned Suspension
--Performance Steering w/Variable Displacement Pump
-Uconnect® 730N CD/DVD/MP3/HDD/NAV
--Integrated Voice Command with Bluetooth®
--40 GB Hard Drive with 20 GB Available
--6.5-Inch Touch Screen Display
--GPS Navigation
--SiriusXM Traffic™ / 1-Year Traffic Service
--SiriusXM Travel Link™ / 1-Year Subscription
-20-Inch Classic II Polished Forged Aluminum Wheels

The "345HEMI" badges are aftermarket, the shifter handle a genuine MOPAR accesory, and the floor mats aftermarket from Lloyd Mats.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Just plop your VIN into this and anything from 2013 Dodges should pop up.

·
Registered
17,855 Posts
That was the style of wheel used in 2014 which differs a little from the earlier more Cragar look.

Your car also appears to have the shifter included with the Mopar Interior Appearance Group so you might have that too.

Try this link for build sheet..

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Nice Challenger and welcome to the forum! It appears you own my 2014 R/T Classic's doppelganger (as originally built). For 2014, the R/T Classic package included the following:

-20-Inch Polished Aluminum Wheels with Black Pockets (standard R/T Classic wheel)
-245/45R20 BSW All Season Performance Tires
-Ultra Premium Leather Seats
-Heated Front Seats
-Fender Challenger Script Badge
-Dual Black R/T Side Stripes
-Functional Hood Scoop
-High Intensity Discharge Headlamps
-6 Boston Acoustics® Speakers
-276-Watt Amplifier
-Electronics Convenience Group
-Temperature and Compass Gauge
-Tire Pressure Monitoring Display
-Power Heated Mirrors with Manual Fold-Away
-Universal Garage Door Opener
-Security Alarm
-ParkSense® Rear Park Assist System

From your pictures, you also have the following options:

-5-Speed Automatic Transmission
--Steering Wheel Mounted Shift Control
--Sport Mode
--AutoStick® Automatic Transmission
--Remote Start System
-Super Track Pak
--245/45ZR20 BSW Performance Tires
--Track Tuned Suspension
--Performance Steering w/Variable Displacement Pump
-Uconnect® 730N CD/DVD/MP3/HDD/NAV
--Integrated Voice Command with Bluetooth®
--40 GB Hard Drive with 20 GB Available
--6.5-Inch Touch Screen Display
--GPS Navigation
--SiriusXM Traffic™ / 1-Year Traffic Service
--SiriusXM Travel Link™ / 1-Year Subscription
-20-Inch Classic II Polished Forged Aluminum Wheels

The "345HEMI" badges are aftermarket, the shifter handle a genuine MOPAR accesory, and the floor mats aftermarket from Lloyd Mats.
Thanks for the reply. I added the floor mats, Mopar shifter and 345 emblems when I bought the car. My car does also have the dual ghost stripes as well. I just looked up my vin and it did pop up as an R/T Classic.
Font Material property Parallel Screenshot Rectangle

·
Registered
26 Posts
Lucky guy , I'm envious , looking for a 14 RT Classic myself when I get settled after moving to my new home in WS.
As far as I know and have seen 14 was the only year they had the stitching in the headrest that called out RT. A cool
option in my opinion. Great looking car. By the way I haven't seen hood emblems like those before. Most just say Hemi.
Anyone out there know anything about those hood emblems?

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Hey guys, I picked up my 2014 Challenger less than a year ago and came across the R/T Classic. From what Ive seen, the wheels on an R/T classic look more like the Crager wheels from back in the 70’s. I also read that they had the navigation option, functional hood scoops, 6 speed and the seats have those ridges like the 70’s challengers had along with the cursive ”Challenger” emblem on the fender. Now the R/T classics I’ve seen were pre 2014 model years so I’m wondering if I have an R/T Classic as well? Were there different style wheels for a 2014? I have the cursive fender emblems but I’ve seen other 2014 R/T’s with different wheels than mine. Since I bought the car used, I have no idea how to look up any options/packages my car came with unless it’s within the vin#? Here’s some pics of my car:

View attachment 1051163
View attachment 1051164
View attachment 1051165
View attachment 1051162
Only the R/T Classics came with those seats in 2014 (the ones in your pic). They are very similar to the SRT seats with the leather trim and suede that came on the non-“Core” package cars. The regular R/T Plus (leather package) came with the ribbed all leather seats, which is what the R/T Classics had in 2009-2013. Other than the seat upgrade in 2014, the R/T Classic and R/T Plus could be optioned with the same interior and nav system.

Reactions: NemesisRT

·
Registered
17,855 Posts
And those Cragar looking wheels are called Heritage wheels and were only available on R/T Classic and were a $995 option.

The standard wheel on Classic was the Envy wheel.

They are aftermarket and you can probably find them on Ebay.

The factory hood emblem only said HEMI.

Reactions: marpow

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Redeye WB
250 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
And those Cragar looking wheels are called Heritage wheels and were only available on R/T Classic and were a $995 option.

The standard wheel on Classic was the Envy wheel.

It depends on the year.

2014 R/T Classic:
Standard: 20-Inch Polished Aluminum Wheels with Black Pockets (as shown in the picture of post #8).
Optional: 20-Inch Classic II Polished Forged Aluminum Wheels

2013 R/T Classic:
Standard: 20-Inch Cast Aluminum "Envy" Wheels (as shown in your post) then 20-Inch Polished Aluminum Wheels with Black Pockets (late availability)

2012 R/T Classic:
Standard: 20-Inch Cast Aluminum "Envy" Wheels
Optional: 20-Inch Polished Aluminum Wheels

2011 R/T Classic:
Standard: 20-Inch Cast Aluminum "Envy" Wheels (late availability)

2010 R/T Classic:
Standard: 20-Inch Polished Aluminum Wheels

2009 R/T Classic:

The 2009-2012 optional polished aluminum wheel is often referred to as the "Heritage Wheel" and the 2013-2019 "Classic II."

·
Registered
17,855 Posts
It depends on the year.

2014 R/T Classic:
Standard: 20-Inch Polished Aluminum Wheels with Black Pockets (as shown in the picture of post #8).

2013 R/T Classic:
Standard: 20-Inch Cast Aluminum "Envy" Wheels (as shown in your post)

2012 R/T Classic:
Standard: 20-Inch Cast Aluminum "Envy" Wheels

2011 R/T Classic:
Standard: 20-Inch Cast Aluminum "Envy" Wheels (late availability)

2010 R/T Classic:

2009 R/T Classic:

The 2009-2012 optional polished aluminum wheel is also known as the "Heritage Wheel."
Yeah that's right, I forgot the standard wheels changed for 14, think they even changed during the 13 model year.

Nice looking wheels!

·
Registered
490 Posts
You are correct. 2013 started with the "Envy" wheel and transitioned mid-year to the standard "20-Inch Polished Aluminum Wheels with Black Pockets" shared with 2014. Agree, an attractive wheel. Was also used on the Charger Daytona for a few years.

Reactions: Slidd

·
Registered
2014 R/T Classic 6-speed
545 Posts
I think the Classic package is one of the best looking ever put on a Challenger, but then I'm a little biased. I just wish my '14 came with the Heritage wheels, like my '10, instead of the Classic II wheels. I like the older style slightly better.

Slight changes to mine are "R/T" emblems below the script "Challenger" fender emblems, a script "Challenger" grille emblem (in the vintage location) to replace the block-lettered one. And I added a black Hellcat deck lid spoiler to add some visual balance to the back of the car. I also added a "HEMI" emblem identical to the hood emblem on the RH side of the rear spoiler.

Cheers!

JD

·
Registered
147 Posts
My 2010 RT Classic (6-speed if it matters) came with these wheels. I thought it was odd it had the "RAM" center caps. Are these caps OEM or swapped out by previous owner?
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2014 R/T Classic 6-speed
545 Posts
My 2010 RT Classic (6-speed if it matters) came with these wheels. I thought it was odd it had the "RAM" center caps. Are these caps OEM or swapped out by previous owner?
The caps are factory for a 2010; mine had the same. That was when Dodge used the Ram logo on their cars. The challengers had the logo in the front facia as well. Ram head logo went away in '11.

Cheers,

JD

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Lucky guy , I'm envious , looking for a 14 RT Classic myself when I get settled after moving to my new home in WS.
As far as I know and have seen 14 was the only year they had the stitching in the headrest that called out RT. A cool
option in my opinion. Great looking car. By the way I haven't seen hood emblems like those before. Most just say Hemi.
I bought the “345” emblem on eBay and bought the red “HEMI” emblem online somewhere else. I put them together to try and get that 70’s look. I had no luck getting ahold of anyone from Danko Reproductions and I was going to buy some from rebadge design but was only given a rendered art pic and not one of an actual emblem. It’ll do for now

1 - 20 of 27 Posts