Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Strongly suggest you try this before spending lots.
When I had an 07 Charger R/T, I had the suitcase resonator (the single unit in the middle of the car with 2 pipes in and 2 out) removed, straight pipes in it's place. The sound was just perfect for me and the cost was negligible. Best of all, no drone.

I know, big argument over whether it's a muffler or resonator. Bottom line I don't care, it worked.

Later I changed to a Corsa Sport cat back, I liked the sound of the cheap mod better. Although, I believe because of restrictions in the OE system the Corsa made more power.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ok, just got home from the muffler shop. I had my muffler guys install glasspacks to replace my resonators. Sound is A+ but there is drone in the cabin. Not too bad but I dont want any kind of drone in my car.

So, for future reference: mini bullets in the mid + glasspacks in the rear = great (LOUD) sound but with drone.

I will just have to settle for mini bullets with stock resonators and that will be the last time im touching the exhaust system.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 15 scat pak and wondering what to do the electric flappers if I want to install a better sounding exhaust system such as American thunder? thanks for any help. Ed
Not sure if your exhaust is the same as 2016 or not, but the scat pack I test drove had the best sounding exhaust from the factory I've ever heard!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
I did an in depth review of my Corsa Xtreme Exhaust. Skip to the end of the vid for sound clips. I personally love it. I hope this helps!

https://youtu.be/REVgGdRSuq8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
814 Posts
I have a couple of comparison videos.

1 - for my TA 392 with Dynomax:
2 - for my 2014 RT with Super44s: https://youtu.be/TU1o_RKXOaM

What I would recommend, is to find a local car club and go to a meeting and ask to let them hear their exhaust systems, that's the best way to hear what you like.

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
Get the Corsa Extreme for a six-speed (I know you have a auto) it's different (very short/small mufflers about the size of a 16 oz. beer can) and it fit's and has a hell of sound.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would like to have the active exhaust like the 2017 RT's have.....I wonder.....if you can put that system on a 2015/2016 RT?

Ever get an answer to this? I have a 2015 Chally RT. I found a complete 2018 active exhaust I'd like to put on it. What needs to be done?
Ever get an answer to this? I have a 2015 Chally RT. I found a complete 2018 active exhaust I'd like to put on it. What needs to be done?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,893 Posts
So the AE seems to be controlled solely by the PCM. This is all hypothetical (never tried it but should give you most of the info you need) but with HP tuners there are tables and DTCs you can modify/enable.

These are the tables in the PCM for AE (you will need an unlocked PCM to change these).

These are the DTCs that you would go into engine diagnostics on HP and enable SES/MIL. The though here is if you enable the PCM to monitor the AE then the circuitry with will activate as well. Just a guess.

I have looked and have not found anything enabling the AE through the BCM (I have a 2015 challenger as well). I even compared BCM configs from a SP (although a read from a +2017 RT would be a better comparison) to mine and have not seen anything obvious.

Now assuming the 5.7 has the circuitry inside it to do this (you could always throw in a PCM off a 6.4 if it does not, just deactivate SRV and copy the 5.7 calibration over) you will need to tap into the PCM connector C1 (pin 55 for LIN bus communication) and tap into fuse 30 in the rear fuse box (see wire diagram below). Although being on the LIN bus I am sure the BCM gets involved somehow.

Anyways, that is some info that should get you going. You basically will need to confirm is once "enabled" in the PCM if it will look and see the valves. Again this is all academic at this point...I have never proved it...nor do I want to as I don't want AE on my exhaust. I just use the accelerator as my control. I run a corsa exhaust with no mid mufflers, long tube headers and a 6.2 cam (has more exhaust lift and duration) and the exhaust sound very healthy. I am waiting to install a 6.4 AWE 3" system hoping to get it perfect.

BTW if you use an exhaust system from a +2017 you will need to change the rear exhaust hanger mounts.

Here is why.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts