Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
  • Location Information:
    • Willing to travel: As far as NYC, Harrisburg, Baltimore (Obviously, Jersey/Delaware/SE PA are included)
    • Willing to ship: For the right car, I will not exclude this option

• Pricing Information:
    • Hard-Cap: 14k
    • Ideal Range: 10-12k
    • Method of Payment: Check, Cash, Venmo, Cash-App, Paypal, Zelle
Hey guys, I'm a 21 year-old college student with saved up money, disposable income, and a pending full-time offer post graduation. I've been driving in a shitty 2005 Ford Taurus and pending a depressive episode, I'm in the market for an entry level Challenger, and obviously with my price point I'm probably limited to a high mileage, early gen Challenger that's an R/T trim.

·
Premium Member
2021 SPWB Shaker A8
440 Posts
It's a tough time to be shopping used on a budget. Good luck to you, and if you find the right car nail it down immediately.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a tough time to be shopping used on a budget. Good luck to you, and if you find the right car nail it down immediately.
Haha, you ain't lie boss. I'm checking a few out in the Philly area and it's a crapshoot. I am bringing my mechanic with me to check them but I'm not even quite sure what to look for.

·
Premium Member
3,354 Posts
Welcome from Alabama.
Yes, used prices are crazy high right now due to inventory issues on new cars.
If I was in your shoes, I would consider waiting until things get "back to normal".
Maybe a chance to save a little more money too. If you do pull the trigger, post what you get!
Good luck!

·
Premium Member
2021 SPWB Shaker A8
440 Posts
You want something maintained and not abused. Keep your eyes open for chewed up tires, hot spots on the brake rotors, and rock chips on the fenders/doors/quarters.

A mechanic should cover the basics, but oil and ATF condition are important. If the ATF is badly burned or the oil is gritty at all when you rub it between your fingers, those are possible signs of lack of maintenance.

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
1,977 Posts
Market right now vs this time last year is up 40% on most Vehicles including ALL CHALLENGERS that is cold hard fact.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've been looking about 2onths. I'm gonna wait. More car for less money. This shits nuts. My local won't even bother ordering me a new one?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts