Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1861 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanted to create a thread for people to post "kill" stories with their R/T out in the wild or at the strip. post what R/T you have(auto, manual, wheel size) and if anything was done to your car. also what car you ran against. i did this on other forums too so you other forum dwellers may see this around. want to hear what my car will do once i get it back out from winter rest.

thanks!

·
Registered
953 Posts
As soon as I have a story to tell I will, for now I just cruise around town.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ok. I'll start... It was about 3 weeks ago. I was on my way to work- about 5:30 am, and I noticed a red GTO driving next to me. No idea what year, engine, anything. I was basically still asleep and didn't think much of it, except my boss just bought an 06 (green one- wasn't him). We both pulled up to the stoplight. I didn't look over at him, was probably focused on the news or whatever. light turned green, and I hear the roar of his engine and before I know it, i'm at WOT! It was pure reaction- I had no intention of racing my (not fully warmed up) R/T against him... let alone uphill!! It's a relatively steep grade, over about a 1/4 mile or less. I pulled ahead about 1/3 of the way into the race. My torque just wasted the dude. He pulled up next to me at the next stoplight and was giving me the thumbs up and yelling "yeah dude! yeah!" Fun as hell.

A Chevy Colorado was wanting to race me yesterday morning on the way to work, but I wouldn't bite. lol. Why waste the gas? :woot:

·
Registered
429 Posts
Ok. I'll start... It was about 3 weeks ago. I was on my way to work- about 5:30 am, and I noticed a red GTO driving next to me. No idea what year, engine, anything. I was basically still asleep and didn't think much of it, except my boss just bought an 06 (green one- wasn't him). We both pulled up to the stoplight. I didn't look over at him, was probably focused on the news or whatever. light turned green, and I hear the roar of his engine and before I know it, i'm at WOT! It was pure reaction- I had no intention of racing my (not fully warmed up) R/T against him... let alone uphill!! It's a relatively steep grade, over about a 1/4 mile or less. I pulled ahead about 1/3 of the way into the race. My torque just wasted the dude. He pulled up next to me at the next stoplight and was giving me the thumbs up and yelling "yeah dude! yeah!" Fun as hell.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice kill my friend! And not an easy one to boot, specially if you "waited" until you heard his engine rev up first? That means he got a small jump on you!

FYI: 2004 GTO has a 5.7 liter & about 350 horse power!
2005 & 2006 GTO's have a 6.0 liter with 400 ponies under the hood! And thats if theres nothing done to them other than stock! In stock form these cars run an avg 13.3 1/4 mile :stickpoke: The 2004 runs around 13.6
Either way, that was a great kill. I'm imressed! To be honest, I would'nt expect to get my ass handed to me by a GTO, but I would definately expect one to beat me by a car legnth ot two? (0-100) :rofl:

Nice to know these things! :bigthumb:

Venum S. :grim:

PS: important facts:

Is your R/T stick or auto? And is it all stock?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
venum s, remember too there are numerous dyno numbers that puts our cars in the 390hp range so its closer to the 2005+ GTO than reported from the factory. i love being underated!

pluuus, dodgetony already beat that 13.3 with his stock R/T!

·
Premium Member
5,228 Posts
Here goes....

I'm sitting at a light in my car and a R/T pulls up next to me. He's revving his engine. The light turns green and we take off. I end up pulling 2 1/2 car lengths ahead of him and afterwords he tells me he should have bought the SRT8.

JK. I thought you wanted stories of an R/T being killed. :stickpoke: :D

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Here goes....

I'm sitting at a light in my car and a R/T pulls up next to me. He's revving his engine. The light turns green and we take off. I end up pulling 2 1/2 car lengths ahead of him and afterwords he tells me he should have bought the SRT8.

That was pretty funny....I read it thinking a former RT owner was now beating up on us. LOL.

·
Premium Member
5,228 Posts
That was pretty funny....I read it thinking a former RT owner was now beating up on us. LOL.
I still have love for you guys. The R/T is a great car. Had I bought mine will all of the options, I wouldn't had traded it in.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Here goes....

2 1/2??? Thats not what I've seen everything I've seen only has the RT a tad behind the SRT8

·
Premium Member
5,228 Posts
2 1/2??? Thats not what I've seen everything I've seen only has the RT a tad behind the SRT8
Let me help you out some.

Bottom of my original post says JK.

JK= Just Kidding

Was only to be a joke :icon_confused:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Ok,
New Years Eve, I was driving up to Heidelberg to see a friend, I was pulling off of one autobahn onto another and a red 08 BMW 335i pulled up next to me and accelerated and slowed down, accelerated and slowed back down to be even with me and honked his horn... I was at 65 MPH.. he guns it and gets the jump by about 1 car length, I floored (for the first time) and the engine roared to life and took off like a raped ape... seriously surprised me... I reeled the guy in quickly and soon his headlights were way behind me... I looked at the speedo and I was at 130mph... and I guess he just quit. It was fun.

I also just raced a work buddy of mine in his 08 Charger R/T... was actually pretty surprised at how quickly I dusted him off.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Here goes....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Big Bully! :(

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
Well I have 3 so far. Mine is a 6 speed with the 20's. All are rolling starts from 30-35mph upto about 110-130mph.

2008 Mustang "Bullitt"...This is my buddies car, upto 60 from 30 his front end was at my front tire, but from 60-130 I pulled on him hard and had 4-5 lengths on him @ 110, by 130 he was 6-7 behind.

2007 Nissan 350Z...This wasn't even a challenge....pulled on him from 35 all the way too 110 where his front end dropped, so I am assuming he shut her down. We hit it at 35, and by 60 had a full length on him, maybe more....by 110 he was at least 10+ back, and ,my buddy said he shut her down at that point.

2008 Subaru WRX STi...Rolling start from 30, he got the initial jump on me, but by 60 had pulled even and steadily pulled away from there....at 100 maybe had 3 lengths on him....at 120 I shut it down had maybe 3-31/2 lengths at that point.....So far this car has kept up the best.

·
Registered
760 Posts
well I got 2 races... and 2 wins.

Got flamed a bit on this one but oh well. this is from an old thread.

Yesterday I was on my way home from work. sitting at the last light before the road closes from 3 lanes to 1. A black Mustang GTCS with silver stripes pulls up next to me, I see him out of the corner of my car checkn out my car. I look over give him a head nod as to say "whats up". He then starts revving his engine, It sounded pretty good. Could tell it had exhaust and I belive the GTCS comes with a factory intake. Its one of those ones with the special body kit and stripe package.

So he keeps revving, Im thinking to myself with 416 miles I shouldn't race. But then I can't let my car be put to shame by a stang. So I rev it up and smile right back. I love when you rev it and the car shakes.:) we are watching the light, it turns green and we both go. This is my very first hard launch in the car so I didn't know how I'd do. He spun the hell out of his and I just chirp and go. I shut it down at 75mph because I just destroyed him off the line. Im happy my first "race " was not a loss. I wonder how it would have went if he didn't spin so bad or if was a rolling race. Oh well next time I see him, If he wants to go.

2nd was today.

I just got outta work and I got about a mile away from work and Im sitting at the red light. A crx with primer everywhere pulls up an revs, I just look and ignore him. Then in between me and the crx pulls up a white 240sx. Im thinkg must be ricers attack. I go at my normal pace and I hear a fart can look in my mirror and see smoke from the tires of the crx. I wasn't even trying. Im up to speed and then the 240sx does the ricer flyby, with the blow off valve right by my window. I am now interested. at the next light I'm in the far left lane 240sx in the middle and crx turns off.

So me and the 240sx both have our windows down, I asked him about his car. Used to be somewhat into those things. I asked if he had an sr20 engine. its a japan engine conversion. he says yes but wont tell me if its a stock engine or modded. He revs right before the light turns for a good launch. I just go on the turn of the light. No spinning for me, he has a little cloud going and then hooks up, he was about 3 cars back by 60. By 90 i would guess maybe 8 or 9 back. Next light he claims a bad start and tells me he knew he would smoke me with a good launch...

So we go again and he has a better launch and is about 1.5 cars back by 60 and 7 or so by 95. I shut it down I proved my point 2x.

Next light, my last one before I turn east towards my house. we are both still in front. he says again lets go again I turned up the boost your going down. said whatever. little did he know 3 cars back and behind him there was a motorcyle cop. he is revving at me, I just look at him and smile. He assumes it is on and it takes of smoking his tires and goes with all hes got. Then the cherries turn on and so does the siren and the cop pulls into the far right lane and fly's by in pursuit. pulls him over at the next light,my turn to head east toward my house. I just smile and wave. LOL good times. :grim:

·
Registered
429 Posts
Nice kills 09r/t!! :bigthumb:

But are you sure the Subaru was an STi??? They run 13.1 right out of the box!! And you pulled 3 cars on him? :ugh2: An SRT8 would have its hands full against an STi. But drivers have alot to do with a race too. And a win is a win!

Nice job!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nice kill my friend! And not an easy one to boot, specially if you "waited" until you heard his engine rev up first? That means he got a small jump on you!

FYI: 2004 GTO has a 5.7 liter & about 350 horse power!
2005 & 2006 GTO's have a 6.0 liter with 400 ponies under the hood! And thats if theres nothing done to them other than stock! In stock form these cars run an avg 13.3 1/4 mile :stickpoke: The 2004 runs around 13.6
Either way, that was a great kill. I'm imressed! To be honest, I would'nt expect to get my ass handed to me by a GTO, but I would definately expect one to beat me by a car legnth ot two? (0-100) :rofl:

Nice to know these things! :bigthumb:

PS: important facts:

Is your R/T stick or auto? And is it all stock?

Thanks, man! My R/T is bone stock! I have an auto tranny as well. I think the GTO must have been an 04. I got smoked at the track by a newer GTO with the LS2. Could be wrong though. I'll never know.

1 - 20 of 1861 Posts
About this Discussion
1.9K Replies
386 Participants
trippytro
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing