Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1821 - 1840 of 1861 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
So yesterday evening I was pulling through town after dropping my daughter off to work, and this black BMW M6 gets the green light while I caught the red going the same direction at a 4 way. He took off quick in front of me to the next light. My guess is he was trying to intimidate me. The way those two lights are setup is they change at the same time to green because they're on the main drag. When the lights changed to green he quickly took off going out of town. At the end of town I caught up with him but there was a car in front of him.

On this stretch of road there is a few really good straights. But they're hilly. He had a car in front of him, and couldn't go due to no passing zone. We got to the passing zone at 50mph, and he straight hit it, so I did too! That car didn't have shit for my Scat Pack. He couldn't get away from me. We ended up going from 50 to over 150mph in little less than 1/2 mile before the next curve. This fool slammed his brakes at over 150mph with me behind him....

After him hitting the brakes to slow down for a very small curve that he could've went through at 180mph. We stayed at a little over 100mph until the next straight where he tried once again to get away from me. But it ended up with me passing his ass with little less than a car length between us. He had NOTHING for my Scat Pack. We went another 5, or so miles with him trying to keep up around curves, and straights to no avail. Finally I had enough, and flag him with a turn signal, and my hand waving out the window that I was turning. I wanted him to pull over so we could exchange thumbs up. But he wouldn't stop. My guess is he was pissed that a $50k Challenger just totally smoked his $200K BMW race car!

My top speed on my dash says 158mph now. Later after getting home, and researching that car I found out his top speed is 155. He weighs 4500lbs., and runs at the least 560hp through a 4.4L Twin turbo V8. Pretty good match up for the Scat Pack Challenger.. But he lost!

BMW M6 ---- 0
Challenger Scat Pack ---- 1

Nice SP kill story! I love this thread, but most posts are 5.7 R/T kills which are great, but I've been looking for SP kill stories lately. There are a few encounters posted in the Scat Pack subgroup to this thread:

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f298/just-me-445385/

I haven't had a go with any M-series, but they are performance enthusiasts like us and I'm sure can be counted on for a good taunting. Hopefully with time we'll see plenty more stories of our fellow SP's on the prowl and disposing of most that are willing to line up against us!

PS - Especially against the new SS..we'll have to really be on our game with these to pull a draw, I think (stock for stock). I think launching our cars with stock rubber is our Achilles Heel, which is why I upgraded my tires (see signature)...I had the RS-A2's. From a roll we can probably hold our own pretty well. I've seen one so far, but he turned at the light. But right when the light turned green, a new Tesla S took off like a bat next to me...he was sitting at my blind spot and I didn't see him or have time to respond. The thing was quiet as a mouse when he took off, which was weird.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
Move on to another thread if you dont like extra caricular activities mentioned here.

·
Registered
477 Posts
But right when the light turned green, a new Tesla S took off like a bat next to me...he was sitting at my blind spot and I didn't see him or have time to respond. The thing was quiet as a mouse when he took off, which was weird.
It's best that you didn't see him sitting there. :ghost:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Not a kill or nothing but today I was getting onto the freeway driving normally when I see in my rear view a black Audi getting on as well but he was a little ways back. As soon as I get on the actual freeway from the ramp I go around a granny and park it on the passing lane as per my SOP. Audi dude follows suit way behind me and I see him catching up. I'm now doing about 80 and he is still closing in fast. He get in directly behind me pretty close and I say to my wife Imma get over so this ass can pass me. Just as I flick my blinker to move over so does he and we're both about to move over at the same time. He seems aggressive and we do it all over again but eventually he moves over to the next lane to my right and starts to try to pass me. But what he didn't realize is traffic in that lane was going pretty slow and he never did pass me but started to fall behind. Me and the wife both agreed he was trying to get a look at my Challenger maybe sizing me up (he was mid 20's BTW). I was able to see that he had an Audi A6. I've heard Audi's aren't all that so anyone know anything about these A6's?

Also I'm not familiar with the racing terms like dig etc. so could someone please post a quick post explaining the common terms so I don't feel stupid?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Nice SP kill story! I love this thread, but most posts are 5.7 R/T kills which are great, but I've been looking for SP kill stories lately. There are a few encounters posted in the Scat Pack subgroup to this thread:

I haven't had a go with any M-series, but they are performance enthusiasts like us and I'm sure can be counted on for a good taunting. Hopefully with time we'll see plenty more stories of our fellow SP's on the prowl and disposing of most that are willing to line up against us!

Never ran a M6, but was able to take a M5 just as easy as this story above. Sure didnt to the speeds like that but didnt need to :wink3:

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Nothing amazing, as he was on street tires, but it's a kill none the less. He was stock and said he was flooring it off the line with little to no spin (1.96 60').

Had I been on street tires, it would have been a pretty close race. With a 1.8x 60' like I've been able to pull before, I could see my car running a 12.4x.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Was on my way to work this morning when I saw a red camaro with the zl1 hood or whatever it is with the line of vents. Figured it was just an ss and he sped up to me as I was going about 76 or so. He settled next to me and I got on it and thought he wasn't racing because his car didn't seem to be increasing speed so I let off and he shot past me. I figured it was a fluke. He got back next to me and I hit it and put about 1-2 car lengths on him in no time. There was traffic in front of us so I didn't get going to fast but by the rate I was pulling I beat him pretty badly. I'm sure this was driver error but that's "2" races I guess and a wins a win no matter how surprised I am to beat a 15 ss. Very happy though lol.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Not a kill or nothing but today I was getting onto the freeway driving normally when I see in my rear view a black Audi getting on as well but he was a little ways back. As soon as I get on the actual freeway from the ramp I go around a granny and park it on the passing lane as per my SOP. Audi dude follows suit way behind me and I see him catching up. I'm now doing about 80 and he is still closing in fast. He get in directly behind me pretty close and I say to my wife Imma get over so this ass can pass me. Just as I flick my blinker to move over so does he and we're both about to move over at the same time. He seems aggressive and we do it all over again but eventually he moves over to the next lane to my right and starts to try to pass me. But what he didn't realize is traffic in that lane was going pretty slow and he never did pass me but started to fall behind. Me and the wife both agreed he was trying to get a look at my Challenger maybe sizing me up (he was mid 20's BTW). I was able to see that he had an Audi A6. I've heard Audi's aren't all that so anyone know anything about these A6's?

Also I'm not familiar with the racing terms like dig etc. so could someone please post a quick post explaining the common terms so I don't feel stupid?
The impressive Audis cost over 60k I think.... so chances are you owned it anyways. I don't care for Audi.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Nothing amazing, as he was on street tires, but it's a kill none the less. He was stock and said he was flooring it off the line with little to no spin (1.96 60').

Challenger R/T vs Mustang GT

Had I been on street tires, it would have been a pretty close race. With a 1.8x 60' like I've been able to pull before, I could see my car running a 12.4x.
Nice Run! is the list in your sig all you have done? You have great times.
I've not been to the track yet so I'm not sure what mine can do and like you referenced, I'm not excited about launching on street tires.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Nice Run! is the list in your sig all you have done? You have great times.
I've not been to the track yet so I'm not sure what mine can do and like you referenced, I'm not excited about launching on street tires.
Yep, it's all updated. I had around 154k on the odometer at the time as well, so you could say it's well broke-in. Lol

Good luck once you hit the track though! Jay's cam selection looks to have potential. He's got the Rams running pretty hard and the mopar 11 he tuned has done pretty well too. Once they get the converter flashing issue fixed, that cars going to be quick(er)!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Yep, it's all updated. I had around 154k on the odometer at the time as well, so you could say it's well broke-in. Lol

Good luck once you hit the track though! Jay's cam selection looks to have potential. He's got the Rams running pretty hard and the mopar 11 he tuned has done pretty well too. Once they get the converter flashing issue fixed, that cars going to be quick(er)!
Thanks, I have mine pretty much dialed in for tuning so I need to hit the track with some buddies. I still think your car is some sort of freak. That's not normal for an RT, is it?

·
Registered
314 Posts
We took in an 03 Vette 6 speed at my store last week. The next day I'm driving in and I see my guy getting off the exit with me with a dealer plate on it. I tailgate him purposely to mess around. We both hit the round about about turn on the two lane straight rd and slow it down to about 10 mph, then both mash it to about 70...he never pulled lol, I actually had him by an inch or two...pretty sure his traction control kicked on him, still fun though lmao

·
Registered
94 Posts
raced my buddy's 2013 Jaguar XK Convertible 5.0L NA V8 in Mexico. The race was literally dead even from 50-120 - I pulled in third, he pulled in fourth until eventually we were neck and neck.

I have a 2012 R/T w/ resonator delete, flowmaster muffler, and K&N intake. He was stock

·
Registered
381 Posts
2 more kills over the past week or so.

Raced a Mercedes E55 AMG from about a 20 role. He had a car length head start due to us both turning from a right turn only lane where I was behind him. I got in the lane to his left and he nailed it so I did too. It was wide open for about a mile till the next light. I pulled him by half a car. So basically gained a car and a half and was still pulling on him. He looked stock.

Next kill was a BMW M5. He had done cosmetic work and I'm pretty sure he had an aftermarket exhaust, cause it looked and sounded great. Anyways, this was from a 40 role and we both hit it at the same time. I walked him pretty good. I probably had 2-3 car lengths on him when we shut it down.

Looked up the specs on those 2 later and I'm very impressed with how I was able to beat them. They're both 12.5 second cars with the amg being just under that.

I have cat back exhaust, predator tune, cai, and a 180° t stat.

·
Registered
314 Posts
2 more kills over the past week or so.

Raced a Mercedes E55 AMG from about a 20 role. He had a car length head start due to us both turning from a right turn only lane where I was behind him. I got in the lane to his left and he nailed it so I did too. It was wide open for about a mile till the next light. I pulled him by half a car. So basically gained a car and a half and was still pulling on him. He looked stock.

Next kill was a BMW M5. He had done cosmetic work and I'm pretty sure he had an aftermarket exhaust, cause it looked and sounded great. Anyways, this was from a 40 role and we both hit it at the same time. I walked him pretty good. I probably had 2-3 car lengths on him when we shut it down.

Looked up the specs on those 2 later and I'm very impressed with how I was able to beat them. They're both 12.5 second cars with the amg being just under that.

I have cat back exhaust, predator tune, cai, and a 180° t stat.

Somethings off, both of those cars are SRT territory...even faster under most circumstances. My cousin had a first gen CLS 55 AMG and a first gen M6 that I used to take for weekends at a time....they were in another league.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Don't know what to tell you. That's why I was surprised. I will tell you that after my exhaust 180 t stat and tune recently, my car woke up.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I will also tell you that I tried to get the M5 to go again after that and he wouldn't. He just gave me the thumbs up. Maybe something about spending 100 grand on a car and then getting beat by a 30k car...

1821 - 1840 of 1861 Posts
About this Discussion
1.9K Replies
386 Participants
trippytro
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing