Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1841 - 1860 of 1861 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
One more thing. I lost a lot of low end torque when I installed the exhaust. So, if it had been from a dig I bet they both would have beat me.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I haven't put it on a dyno, but it definitely doesn't pull as hard from a dig as it used to. That's one of the reason I want to do top end mods like throttle body and ported intake manifold. To counteract the exhaust. It's the SLP Loudmouth II.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Some of those big sedans will move anymore. I had an alpina 7 series try to go awhile back at 600+hp I passed lol.

I was looking at the slp exhaust also. Love the sound.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
314 Posts
I haven't put it on a dyno, but it definitely doesn't pull as hard from a dig as it used to. That's one of the reason I want to do top end mods like throttle body and ported intake manifold. To counteract the exhaust. It's the SLP Loudmouth II.
You ever try the placebo fuse pull? Honestly though, you most likely need a tune more than anything else.

Some of those big sedans will move anymore. I had an alpina 7 series try to go awhile back at 600+hp I passed lol.

I was looking at the slp exhaust also. Love the sound.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
B7's are a different animals than m5's and e55's/e63, b7's are more of luxury tanks. Especially the pre 15 b7's they weren't fast at all...its only the 15 and up ( i think 15) that actually 600hp.

A S63 AMG is a tank and I promise that thing is giving ANYTHING trouble, especially from a roll because of that autobahn gearing.

·
Registered
381 Posts
You ever try the placebo fuse pull? Honestly though, you most likely need a tune more than anything else.
I have the canned 93 octane tune that came with the predator. I also reset the transmission settings with the tool and adjusted the fan settings for the t stat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
But don't dis the Crown Vic. My nephew is a cop and he swears by them.
Not enough leg room, and hell to get in and out of... :ack:

·
Registered
979 Posts
Forgive me Slow Pokes for I have sinned

Last night going for donuts, Cruising and a 5.0 appears on my left side, he keeps revving his engine. We get to a red light that leads to a 4 lane loop freeway that's little traveled at night. Both of us each having a lane to enter from the frontage road. He stops and keeps revving, I figure oh well, I see the opposite light turn yellow, he revves up, light changes, I floor it slowly, he dumps the clutch, we both launch and I get a half a car cuz he spins hard and I get a great launch which puts the front of his hood at my door mirror , when he bangs second his hood falls back to my gas cap and when he hits third he is behind my rear bumper in my side mirror now He stayed there for about 500 more feet unable to gain on me. I shut down entering the interstate (which was empty) and he did also. No idea how fast we got to. He never passed me and fell in behind me after we shut down. I signaled to get off at the next exit and he flashed his brights at me as I got off. I think that kill credit goes to my A8
That was my first real street race in my 15 Shaker, dangerous, yes, fun, oh yes.
But there was no one around but him and I.
I have a lot of respect for my RT

·
Registered
403 Posts
I hate these stupid kids with their diesel black smoke trucks….should be a law that cops can yank them out of their trucks and just jackboot the crap out of them. Had one at light gun it as we left, got the homemade single stack behind cab, painted awful green lower half and white above, black smoke pouring out….I stay behind him a good hundred yards and around 60 down the highway with him every now and then flooring it to puff out the black….after a few miles he lays on the throttle and smoke so much you could barley see him as her starts swerving all over. Another truck coming at him, and my guess is he knew them, however that truck went by and never swerved or anything to acknowledge him. So this idiot now for some reason just stays on the throttle. Enough, pull out in passing lane still about 100 yards behind him and its all clear down the road, not a car in sight and I GET IT. Now this guy hits about 90 and the smoke is rolling behind him and I got clear air…..and I pass him like he was sitting still and pull in and I'm now several hundred yards ahead of him and let up….and he is still giving it all he can to slowly catch up….LOL. Catch up to a car thats turning and as I go around we are back down to around 60 or so and after this car there is no one again and I'm sure bonehead back there is going to try a pass and I figure I let him get along side me and get it again…..but he slowed way down and turn with the car off the highway….so I killed a redneck diesel today. I hate these guys.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
I hate these stupid kids with their diesel black smoke trucks….should be a law that cops can yank them out of their trucks and just jackboot the crap out of them. Had one at light gun it as we left, got the homemade single stack behind cab, painted awful green lower half and white above, black smoke pouring out….I stay behind him a good hundred yards and around 60 down the highway with him every now and then flooring it to puff out the black….after a few miles he lays on the throttle and smoke so much you could barley see him as her starts swerving all over. Another truck coming at him, and my guess is he knew them, however that truck went by and never swerved or anything to acknowledge him. So this idiot now for some reason just stays on the throttle. Enough, pull out in passing lane still about 100 yards behind him and its all clear down the road, not a car in sight and I GET IT. Now this guy hits about 90 and the smoke is rolling behind him and I got clear air…..and I pass him like he was sitting still and pull in and I'm now several hundred yards ahead of him and let up….and he is still giving it all he can to slowly catch up….LOL. Catch up to a car thats turning and as I go around we are back down to around 60 or so and after this car there is no one again and I'm sure bonehead back there is going to try a pass and I figure I let him get along side me and get it again…..but he slowed way down and turn with the car off the highway….so I killed a redneck diesel today. I hate these guys.

Absolutely cannot agree with this post enough. Similar story for me, was in my Speed3 though not the Challenger. It really pisses them off when they can't pass a 4 cylinder lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I ran an old Chevelle at the track Friday night. My car is poor off the line right now. The best 60ft I can pull is a 1.95 and that is with traction. I'm adding 3.91's and higher stall converter (stall tbd after a dyno). She traps over 110 now so she has the power. I just need to get the launch set up right and I'll be in good shape.

·
Registered
161 Posts
This is a good one, Saturday night I was working late. Finally left to head home, I work in a large industrial area that was empty as can be. One of our customers left the same time I did who drives a 2012 Audi R8. We hit a long stretch approx a half mile or so and did a pull at 30MPH. By the time I hit triple digits he was about 2 cars back. We hit the brakes and slowed to the stop sign. He looks over and says. "WELL THAT WAS EMBARRASSING"..... I told him its not always about the price tag lol. Hope he comes in Monday.

He prob wont tell them he raced an R/T.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,854 (Edited)
while i haven't had an actual street race in a long time, i did "kill" my personal best time in the 1/4 mile this past fall at a local test n tune...looking for an excuse to bump this old thread too lol

[email protected] (1.7 60') with bolt ons in my 2009 6-speed "granny" shifting it because i cant bring myself to mat-shift

i got walked by the stang in the left lane pretty good, but as you can see he got me on the launch.

·
Registered
682 Posts
In regards to your dyno comment - I have a 2014 RT 5.7 Plus Blacktop - modified with a K&N CAI, Flowmaster catback exhaust, 275 rear tires and 255 front tires. My dyno results were surprising -

441hp at the crank
374 rwhp @ 5373 rpms
365lbs of tg

Have read so many different comments on the HP these put out from different posters - the shop I went to is in MI and they do over 250 cars a year on the dyno. They are experienced guys. They believe Dodge underrates their cars for insurance reasons.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I got to do a shakedown run against a Charger earlier this month. DA was terrible (my buddy ran a full second faster the next day) but I wrecked this guy.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Getting out of work late the other night and I live on the outskirts of town so there was a stretch where no cops or cars are in sight and the road is smooth as can be.. as I'm turning left onto said road, behind me was a C5 Corvette the whole time. Guy gets next to me and stays there as we're cruising at about 40, then we both hit it full throttle! Man we were neck and neck at the start but after triple digits I was barely a car length in front of him. We got up to about 120 before we slowed down and at the next stop light he rolls down his window and I'm expecting him to talk trash, but instead gives me a friendly thumbs up. I did the same and we went our separate ways lol

·
Registered
46 Posts
I raced at 2010 Mustang Saleen, and I kept up with him in my stock 09 R/T with Cervinis CAI and 93 octane.
I am telling the truth. He had a supercharger. We were even until we both spotted a parked cop and slowed down.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I’ve had a some wins and some losses(very few losses lol) but I was turning left onto a highway. It was in the right most lane and there was an Audi next to me some. Light turned green and he gunned it. I went fairly fast till I got straight then floored it and passed him in a few seconds. The second was a bmw. Not sure what model I just know it wasn’t an m series. But anyways another two lane left turn. I’m in the right agin. We both went normal pace and I see him looking at my car. He suddenly just floors it so I do too. Got neck and neck till the light turned. So I burned my tires to show off a little and the light turns as I’m doing that so I just go but still end up passing him pretty fast. I also heard a turbo on his car so it was more satisfying haha

1841 - 1860 of 1861 Posts
About this Discussion
1.9K Replies
386 Participants
trippytro
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing