Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have checked out both the Furious Fuschia r/t and srt8, there is quite the price difference, which makes sense, when you compare the two, plus the srt8 seems to have very limited numbers of 400 (from what I've read online,) but still find both compelling. Thinking more the r/t due to a much lower price, but the srt8 seems like a total package. Curious what others' views are between the two and if the r/t has as limited numbers as the srt8.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Get the SRT8 ;)

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
The same fight as every other RT/SRT question. It all depends on what you want to do with the car. The SRT is rarer,faster and handles better than the Rt but as a DD I think the RT is the way to go. If your buying it to collect or race by all meens get the SRT.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The same fight as every other RT/SRT question. It all depends on what you want to do with the car. The SRT is rarer,faster and handles better than the Rt but as a DD I think the RT is the way to go. If your buying it to collect or race by all meens get the SRT.
Figured it was probably a usual question on this forum, but felt the need to ask it. It wouldn't be for a daily driver or for racing and hoping to keep it for many, many years to come. I considered the r/t for those very reasons, but the srt8 has so much more, such a complete package, however, the cost is a lot more too.

·
Registered
2017 challenger hellcat A8
2,000 Posts
I had a 2010 R/T drove it for 14,000 miles/14 months and traded it in on a heavily discounted 2010 SRT. I do not regret the trade but there are caveats. The SRT is slightly tighter feeling handling wise but slightly rougher in ride, the SRT brakes are FANTASTIC. There is a fuel milage penalty, although not terrible with the 6 spd (and I have not had a chance to push the car hard yet because of snow). I can not comment on the acceleration, again because of snow. SRT requires premium vs the R/T liking mid grade but regular is acceptable. The seats in both cars I find very comfortable but they are more different then I would have thought (my wife hated the R/T seat comfort but likes the SRT-says it is the side bolsters). I have had my SRT for 75 days and 1500 miles.

I would say if you are planning to race get the SRT. If you are not planning to race then money and comfort become a bigger issue in my mind. I do not know what the price difference is but I think if it is less then $5,000 IMO go SRT.

·
Banned
557 Posts
SRT = better STOCK performance in every area
RT = about 90% of SRT performance for about $10k less

Hard to beat the bang for the buck of an RT. That is the reason I chose it. I could add $10k of upgrades to the RT and be faster and handle better than the SRT.

That being said, yes there was only 400 FF SRT's made. Plus it's a numbered car. All this combined makes me think it'll be worth much more in the future than a FF RT. I could be wrong. Still, as much as I love my RT, if I had the money to dump (and not worry about opportunity value) then I would jump all over the SRT.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
see if you can get $9,300 off sticker on the SRT....thats where many 2010 regular SRT's are at.....

if i could get $9k off id go SRT...definately....it will have more collector value in 20 years...i doubt they make pink again on any challenger since they dont seem to be selling well....

SRT's dont come with many options, while RT's can be all over the place....do a true $ per $ comparison w/ the options included.....how much price difference is there?

ill bet its $5k range and not $10....isnt a loaded RT around $39k? and SRT's pretty much come with everything....

there will probably never be $9k off on SRT's again unless they upgrade engines again in the future...

good luck!

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Buy the Fuschia SRT8 and dont look back.

I went conservative and bought the R/T first. Upgraded and never looked back. Probably would have saved more money doing the SRT in the beginning.

If you can afford it and it's within reason, SRT8 all the way.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Having tested both I would (and did) go with the RT, luck for you that color FF isn't moving and I've seen new ones for under 30, which is a steal.

There is not much power difference between the original SRT8 and the RT, and upgrading the suspension is inexpensive. The big bonus is the expensive braking system, but if you aren't doing track days it's not required.

The 392 makes the SRT version a compelling argument, to me at least, and I would consider buying one in 3-5 years when the prices have dropped. It's much stronger in the engine room, with VVT AND VLI making for massive improvement in the overall power gas mileage and driveability of any modern motor. The original 6.1 SRT engine is technologically a decade behind, which is why it gets bad fuel economy and doesn't have a significant power advantage over the 5.7. It does sound cool at WOT though. :)

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
I love the way the RT looks, but if you can get the SRT8 then well........

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
If your already trying to deceide between the 2, your best bet would be the FF SRT.

If you have these questions now, chances are your going to be playing "What if, would've, could've, should've."

With out looking at cost.
1. There are less SRT's than R/T's
2. Only 400 FF SRT's so your chances are slim that you'll see another locally.

The draw backs could be that FF isn't for everyone, so if your looking at resale, it could kind of limit an already limited market.

The white seats could be an issue with keeping clean without proper care and attention.

Of course you can add all sorts of things to the R/T to get it close to the handleing of the SRT, and they are great in there own right. Or you can just get the SRT and drive it. The shop time, waiting for parts, time not enjoying, the car can all factor into it. Not sure about you, but my time is limited as well as my budget, so fiddleing with the car half the time is expensive to me.

I'd rather get the big dog and enjoy it if you can afford it. Even if you mod it, your already starting on a higher platform. If you don't and want to put it off, you have all the things there that the R/T's aspire to.

Then if it doesn't work out, you can always trade to an R/T down the road. Up to you I guess?

·
Registered
297 Posts
We got the RT because she can not drive a standard and I couldn't justify the 10k difference in the price. There was only about a thousand RT's made in the Fusica so they are still the lowest number production made of all the classics. But get the one that you like so you won't regret it later, they are all super cars to have and enjoy. Good Luck with you decision. Ronnie

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,816 Posts
The OP is located in Canada where there are even less of either model. Are there that many left over up there to choose from? I looked at a FF SRT at this dealer in MA last year and it's still there for $10,000 off MSRP. I wonder if they'd actually done Panther Pink, if they'd have all sold out by now?:scratchhead:
2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8 For Sale | Newton and Natick MA

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone for all the input, it's been helpful. Although it's hard to decide, the one issue that's been a wedge has been the $10, 000 price difference. Very hard...

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,816 Posts
Thanks everyone for all the input, it's been helpful. Although it's hard to decide, the one issue that's been a wedge has been the $10, 000 price difference. Very hard...
Well, I'd rather have the better gas mileage of the R/T and for the $10,000 difference, you could supercharge the Classic and add other upgrades as needed at any time. If you go R/T, just be sure to get the STP (AWD) option.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
There is a FF SRT in Sherwood Park Alberta. Automatic. #394 of 400 I think. Didn't get a price.

If your financing, look at the intrest rates you'll get from the bank. Depending on your term, what would the $10,000 make in your monthly payments??

Which ever way you go, you'll have a sweet ride..
Good Luck.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Does anyone know the production numbers for the r/t? Don't see too many, so assuming they are low.

·
Registered
186 Posts
If your income is >$100K, buy the SRT. If less, get the R/T.
Life's short, enjoy it if you got the dough. :)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There is a FF SRT in Sherwood Park Alberta. Automatic. #394 of 400 I think. Didn't get a price.

If your financing, look at the intrest rates you'll get from the bank. Depending on your term, what would the $10,000 make in your monthly payments??

Which ever way you go, you'll have a sweet ride..
Good Luck.
Could you post the link if they have one available? Where did you read the number to see if it was #394?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts