Registered
244 Posts
Want these!

I'll take a set of the front brackets for the "Big Brake Kit"

·
Registered
2017 Challenger T/A Plus
77 Posts
Just out of curiosity, have you guys considered installing the police BR9 front package? there is an advantage there...

14.5" rotors vs 14.2" and yes, you can get them slotted per stop tech or slotted and dimpled via powerstop

Calipers and brackets are avail at the dealer 185ea (includes core), brackets 47ea

pads are thicker and redesigned.

Ive been kicking this idea around before I got sick. Any idea why that wont work. may in the end be $100 more. maybe?

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Just out of curiosity, have you guys considered installing the police BR9 front package? there is an advantage there...

14.5" rotors vs 14.2" and yes, you can get them slotted per stop tech or slotted and dimpled via powerstop

Calipers and brackets are avail at the dealer 185ea (includes core), brackets 47ea

pads are thicker and redesigned.

Ive been kicking this idea around before I got sick. Any idea why that wont work. may in the end be $100 more. maybe?
No, but it sounds like a good idea - especially sine there doesn't seem to be any interest from Todd.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
I'm looking and seeing front rotors all listed for the police package at 345, 350 and 360 mm - none of which is 14.5".......

·
Registered
2017 Challenger T/A Plus
77 Posts
BR9 police package for the "charger" came out late 2014 thru present. It has 370mm (14.5") rotors front. Looks like the calipers are wider cause the rotors are 34mm thick and the pads 17mm. Front knucles show same part # as challenger rt. So one would think direct bolt on.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
BR9 police package for the "charger" came out late 2014 thru present. It has 370mm (14.5") rotors front. Looks like the calipers are wider cause the rotors are 34mm thick and the pads 17mm. Front knucles show same part # as challenger rt. So one would think direct bolt on.
AH! I was thinking the 2007 Charger cop car. Do you know if the 2014 - present setup fits the early cars? Mine is a 2010.

·
Registered
2017 Challenger T/A Plus
77 Posts
I did a little investigating on this today. 2010 and 2014 front calipers carry same part numbers at advance auto 5016/5017... but one has an "A" after it and the other doesnt. It could be one is more beefier, better design. As long as the mounts are the same (caliper to bracket to knuckle) it should work. I would recommend getting one of each and set them side by side. I have to get pads for the wifes car this weekend, see if i can take a look. Get some pics.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,705 Posts
Generally with Mopar parts, an A, AA, AB added just means the superseded part. New part should work in place of older model, etc.

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,705 Posts

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Yep, pretty much decided on going that route, but I can buy the rotors and better pads for much cheaper elsewhere. And yeah, SS lines if the system is gonna get opened.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
I've completed the police rear brake conversion - very simple bolt-on with noticeable improvement.

I also did some digging today and from what I found (after talking to Raybestos engineering support) is that the 2014-2016 police package calipers are the same as the calipers on my 2010 R/T - only the bracket is different. In light of that, I ordered a pair of brackets and the correct brake shields today (about $130) and also ordered a nice set of front 14.5" (370mm) rotors with matching Raybestos Police brake pads (same as I used on the rear). Once everything arrives I'll do a test fit and post the results.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've completed the police rear brake conversion - very simple bolt-on with noticeable improvement.

I also did some digging today and from what I found (after talking to Raybestos engineering support) is that the 2014-2016 police package calipers are the same as the calipers on my 2010 R/T - only the bracket is different. In light of that, I ordered a pair of brackets and the correct brake shields today (about $130) and also ordered a nice set of front 14.5" (370mm) rotors with matching Raybestos Police brake pads (same as I used on the rear). Once everything arrives I'll do a test fit and post the results.

This is encouraging. Thank you.

So it sounds like the brackets will do the same job as the modified serious metal brackets, but allow for an even larger diameter rotor?

I am looking forward to the fitment. Please keep us posted with the part numbers please.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
This is encouraging. Thank you.

So it sounds like the brackets will do the same job as the modified serious metal brackets, but allow for an even larger diameter rotor?

I am looking forward to the fitment. Please keep us posted with the part numbers please.
Will do. I got the rotors today and MAN are they heavy! Funny thing is, they're 14.5" and the wheels on my first car ('68 Charger in 1980) were only 14"...........

·
Registered
13,948 Posts
Will do. I got the rotors today and MAN are they heavy! Funny thing is, they're 14.5" and the wheels on my first car ('68 Charger in 1980) were only 14"...........
That's funny. Somebody posted this pic of a 6-piston rotor, they are 15.4 inches!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

361 - 380 of 418 Posts