Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
Dodge Challenger RT Plus
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of you won't agree with the OEM Scat Pack upgrades to the R/T. But after long thought and back and forth, I decided to go with it.

The packaged arrived at the dealer the other day. I picked it up and brought it to my house and attempted this install myself yesterday.

All went well except for the PCM. After installing it myself and got a "throttle error" on the dash. The throttle did not work after I installed the SP1 PCM. The PCM will have to be installed by the dealer as it must be "married" to the car by the dealer.

$%#@&

I wasn't thrilled, but it's not the end of the world. I have an appointment with the dealer for Thursday.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
The dealership should of told you need to flash in .
When my PCM came in I just went let the Dealer install it
It was 3/4 of and hour labor plus tax along the the PCM price

·
Registered
958 Posts
will be curious what you think about it once it's all set up. I like the idea of a factory package vice piecing things together although I know the counter argument is cost. I think the SP2 package would be great but apparently it's not street legal.

·
Registered
768 Posts
If you don’t plan to extensively modify, they are cool and interesting.
I bought the stage 1 when it first came out mostly because of the novelty of it (I was obsessed with the scat pack heritage).
After I made the move to go more advanced in modding, all of the components got removed and sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
The dealer did my PCM for 150 bucks IIRC. I am glad to see that they are still making these. I am glad that they have a procedure to do the Cruise Control recall without screwing these up.
@Newoldchallenger if I send my original PCM to be unlocked, do I have to go through the throttle relearn when I install it?

·
Premium Member
Dodge Challenger RT Plus
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
will be curious what you think about it once it's all set up. I like the idea of a factory package vice piecing things together although I know the counter argument is cost. I think the SP2 package would be great but apparently it's not street legal.

I'm very happy with the upgrade. It now has the "bite" that a Challenger should have, that was missing from the factory. I have absolutely no regrets and have no further performance upgrade plans.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
I did the the same up grade also when I first bought my RT plus in2015
I also added Pedal Command , check out some of the YouTube videos
I think it was one of the best mods I have done

Reactions: leban86

·
Premium Member
Dodge Challenger RT Plus
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It looks interesting! I will keep it on the radar.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts