Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently posted asking you guys to help me find a shop to do performance work in WA state and got a lot of responses for Carb Conn in Kirkland. I talked to Alex and they are working up some numbers...

After a lot of reading and input I have decided to go with the Pro Charger Stage II. My question is what level of boost should I be running? I am just debating between 6 or 8 as my 2010 R/T engine is stock, although I have upgraded exhaust (JBA Headers & Mids w/Corsa Cat-back extreme.)

I was told the 2010 R/T received an upgraded stock piston more resistant to heat. I have also heard a lot of good feedback for guys running 6 psi on their R/T's & SRT's, but if anyone is running 8 psi on a stocker R/T let me know what you think...

I don't take my care to the track, but I do drive it hard when I take it out on weekends. I am interested in the most power I can safely deliver to my motor...

Thanks for the time and feedback. I will post some pics and dyno info. when the project is complete.

Charles

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
You would not need the stage II kit on a 5.7. That would save you some cash. I would go with the helical gear set (an extra $100) as well.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hear you on not needing the stage II, but it's more of a want.:) I like the style and look and even though I don't plan on building up the engine.. if I get the bug I would like to have something that can grow with it..

I am not familiar with the helical gear set... I did not see it listed as an option? What does it do or if you have a link for it would be appreciated.

Either way though 8 PSI with a good tune sounds safe.. any other feedback.

Thanks guys,
Charles

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Helical gears quiet the blower down (does not make it silent). It is available on the P1 and D1 head units. Check with Andy @ PWR, Josh @ HHP or similar, they can give you the low down and a good deal.

I hear you on not needing the stage II, but it's more of a want.:) I like the style and look and even though I don't plan on building up the engine.. if I get the bug I would like to have something that can grow with it..

I am not familiar with the helical gear set... I did not see it listed as an option? What does it do or if you have a link for it would be appreciated.

Either way though 8 PSI with a good tune sounds safe.. any other feedback.

Thanks guys,
Charles

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
this isnt a good picture, but on the left is the 5.7 piston and on the right is the 6.1. The 5.7 has a good deal more land thickness than the 6.1

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
R/T Procharger

Thanks for the pic Andy, that is a pretty major diff. I was thinking I would need forged internals to run 8 psi on a stock 5.7 but I think would be okay after seeing that pic.

Also sent you a PM, Charles

1 - 9 of 9 Posts