Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm a new owner of a 2014 r/t with the blacktop option and auto trans, what is the axle ratio, I thought it was 3.06 with auto, but then I read with the blacktop option its 3.73, can anyone set me straight

·
Premium Member
7,318 Posts
You only get the 3.73 with the six speed manual transmission and 18" wheels.

·
Registered
15,838 Posts
Welcome, you can put your VIN here under Equipment Listing and will give you the build sheet with everything on the car.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Welcome, you can put your VIN here under Equipment Listing and will give you the build sheet with everything on the car.
Thank you so MUCH for that!
Got it downloaded and saved for my car.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
i'm a new owner of a 2014 r/t with the blacktop option and auto trans, what is the axle ratio, I thought it was 3.06 with auto, but then I read with the blacktop option its 3.73, can anyone set me straight
Go to the link listed below and enter your VIN. I just did and I printed 6 pages of info, including the axle ratio.

By the way, Just got my blacktop today.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Ran my info, gear info came up wrong on that link..

Went back & looked @ the equipment list the dealer gave me, DMES=3.73

damn it!

·
Registered
535 Posts
After looking into this a little more, here's my theory on why 3.73's were supplied.

Since my car came with the optional 20" upgraded classics, I'm assuming it started life with 18's which use the 3.73's.

Take a poll & see if the optional classic wheel owners all have 3.73's on their 6 speeds.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
After looking into this a little more, here's my theory on why 3.73's were supplied.

Since my car came with the optional 20" upgraded classics, I'm assuming it started life with 18's which use the 3.73's.

Take a poll & see if the optional classic wheel owners all have 3.73's on their 6 speeds.

actually several I know of came with the "base" R/T Classic wheels .. (Daytona wheels) all R/T Classic's should have had either 3.92 or 3.06 according to transmissions since 20" wheels are standard on Classics, and also since you have the Plum Crazy, there were no regular R/T's with 18's made with PCP paint.

if I understand what you meant.

·
Registered
535 Posts
actually several I know of came with the "base" R/T Classic wheels .. (Daytona wheels) all R/T Classic's should have had either 3.92 or 3.06 according to transmissions since 20" wheels are standard on Classics, and also since you have the Plum Crazy, there were no regular R/T's with 18's made with PCP paint.

Yeah I forgot about the PCP only being available on the R/T classic & SRT models.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Yeah I forgot about the PCP only being available on the R/T classic & SRT models.

I guess only Dodge knows why.. and they ain't talking. funny thing, I know of 4 manual PCP's that this happened to..(3.73) I'm assuming it happened to other colors also?? I guess there were just a lot of PCP's is the reason I've noticed so many.. or it happened during that time period when PCP's were ramping up and being produced.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I put my vin into the link and it shows I have a 3.06, is this link 100% accurate, even with the 20" wheels with the blacktop option, by the way hurst 41 how do you like your blacktop, love mine

·
Registered
474 Posts

hat you meant.[/QUOTE]

You are correct. Adding the Classic II wheels gives you the performance series tires and 3.92 rear end. Can't speak for the other models, but the Classic model comes standard with 3.06 gears if equipped with the automatic transmission. Mine has the auto and Classic II wheels. I'm turning just over 2000 rpm on the highway at 70 mph. If they were 3.06s, the rpm would be much lower.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
hat you meant.
You are correct. Adding the Classic II wheels gives you the performance series tires and 3.92 rear end. Can't speak for the other models, but the Classic model comes standard with 3.06 gears if equipped with the automatic transmission. Mine has the auto and Classic II wheels. I'm turning just over 2000 rpm on the highway at 70 mph. If they were 3.06s, the rpm would be much lower.[/QUOTE]

no, adding the Classic II wheels just adds the Classic II wheels. nothing else.. if you have an Auto trans you have 3.06 rear axle, no exceptions, no option for 3.92 with an Auto trans. my 3.06 auto runs about 2000rpms at 60 mph. the performance tires come with the STP package (GoodYear F1 Supercars 245/45/20/R/T) not the wheels choice.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts