Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Get over there then! And remind them not to drill the front bumper! :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Dear god that would be awful! We don't have front plates here in Michigan, but just to be sure I sent my sales rep a reminder not to!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Dealer spoke to me, I'm in G status as of yesterday. I checked the chrysler window sticker VIN thing, and I officially have a window sticker! No stripes or shaker, so I hope it won't be much longer now...I live about 8 hrs north of the assembly point

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Mother Nature provided Detroit with some decent weather this weekend. Which means I was finally able to wash and wax her!

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Verified w/ my salesman today that my B5 blue Shaker order went to Chrysler Saturday! He's kind of a newbie and said has only ordered a few new cars and will check w/ managers to find out about the tracking process. I know from bits & pieces I've found in these forums something about tracking your car once it's assigned a VIN, but is there a way you can sign up for progress emails or is it more reliable to use the SRT line or "Dodge Chat"?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I used Dodge chat to track progress. In my experience the tracking system lags behind the actual vehicle progress. If your salesmen provided you a VON, you can use that to track it with Dodge chat until you receive a VIN. Automated email notifications are not available at this time.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Mother Nature provided Detroit with some decent weather this weekend. Which means I was finally able to wash and wax her!

Jaw dropping gorgeous neuor! The R/T shaker is so well balanced looking and the wheels are the cleanest offered on the Challenger. Have you taken her for a Woodward cruise yet?

My Dodge dealership has a Challenger rep who is the president of the Tidewater Mopar Club. He calls me with build updates and the latest is D1. And as you said earlier, it should move along fairly quickly from that order status. Hopefully, the later part of May.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Does anybody know if the Brampton Plant runs 24 hours a day? You would think so, but, that's not always the case.
Brampton Builder on this site (and others) has said the line runs two shifts per day, six days a week, sometimes they will run a sunday shift. I read yesterday that there is a two week vacation scheduled in July.

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
I was going to Upgrade my 2012 Dodge Challenger RT Plus with the Mopar Exterior Package
too a 2015 RT with Shaker hood.
Problem these are very LATE delivery dates and the 2016s are around the corner.
Who would want too buy a MID year car when the 2016s are near by?
I have seen a 2015 B5 Rt Plus for $36,000 with manual trans but hate too get a color I don't want.
I see many of the dealers still want top dollar for shaker packages but as Resale you will get burnt for a tradin on yeaaa next car.
These are not limited (Not many as yet}But I think there will be many more made when the 2016s come out..................JQ

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I was going to Upgrade my 2012 Dodge Challenger RT Plus with the Mopar Exterior Package
too a 2015 RT with Shaker hood.
Problem these are very LATE delivery dates and the 2016s are around the corner.
Who would want too buy a MID year car when the 2016s are near by?
I have seen a 2015 B5 Rt Plus for $36,000 with manual trans but hate too get a color I don't want.
I see many of the dealers still want top dollar for shaker packages but as Resale you will get burnt for a tradin on yeaaa next car.
These are not limited (Not many as yet}But I think there will be many more made when the 2016s come out..................JQ
Unless there is some big mind-blowing change coming for the 2016s, I don't understand what all the fuss is about purchasing a mid-year 2015. They're pretty much going to be the same car. And what guarantee is there that the 2016 shakers will be available at the beginning of production?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Bright Pedals RT Plus Classic

Picked up my RT Classic last night .... She's incredible!!!:grin2: The dealer didn't install the bright pedals; however, I'm not sure I want to install them because I think it looks more retro like this. I was wondering if everybody really likes the pedals, or, are they just a nice "to have"? Appreciate any feedback.

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
Unless there is some big mind-blowing change coming for the 2016s, I don't understand what all the fuss is about purchasing a mid-year 2015. They're pretty much going to be the same car. And what guarantee is there that the 2016 shakers will be available at the beginning of production?

You are right I have No clue if the 2016 Shakers will be out by Sept or Oct of 2015
Unless you need a car right awayssss it makes NO sense to buy a Mid year car unless you need the car right awayssss.The challengers I am sure will not be changed at all for the 2016s(except for color} but most understand about Resale value instead of buying a car that's almost a year old.....
Myself I would wait for the 2016s in a few months......JQ

·
Registered
45 Posts
In 2014 the Shakers and 100th anniversary editions were second half/mid year introductions, as were one or two of the retro colors. Model year 2016 probably won't be any different so a 2016 Shaker and maybe any plum crazy Challenger won't be available until slightly less than a year from now. Another item floating around these boards is the extension of 2015 Challenger production later than usual, possibly into September which will naturally delay MY 2016 launch.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Almost forgot-last week I got an update from the salesman that a ship date of 5/29 has been projected! Funny they project that rather than a build date but it's progress. Got the same info when I used Dodge live chat. They said the status wouldn't change from D1 until just before the build date.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts