Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
I thought these shakers were hard to get. I picked up my B5 Hellcat and they had this B5 6M Shaker sitting on the lot for less than MSRP. Great dealership, someone should pick it up. Nice car

2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Shaker For Sale in Clearwater FL | Serving Tampa, St. Petersburg, & Bradenton | 2C3CDZAT7FH816453

Thanks for the input on the B5
A $3000 plus savings is not bad at all but not interested in B5.
I think the 2016s will be cheaper then they are now,since the 2016 Camaros will be out..Been seeing prices $5000 - $8000 off of Msrp and feel a
shaker should sneak in here and there lol.....But think the shakers will be out much more early then they have this year............JQ

·
Registered
45 Posts
It seems Challenger production is running behind schedule. Just finished a session w/ Dodge live chat and got the same status as about 10d ago: "..materials present, should enter the build process very soon." Dealer several weeks ago received a tentative ship date of tomorrow (5/29/15). The lady replied: Kayla: I apologize those dates are tentative and with the challengers we have had such an overwhelming response to these vehicles that we are a little behind however we are working as fast as we can to get these vehicles made. So I guess it's good that demand is up, but will just keep waiting.

·
Registered
886 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Brampton Builder on this site (and others) has said the line runs two shifts per day, six days a week, sometimes they will run a sunday shift. I read yesterday that there is a two week vacation scheduled in July.
Your right on the shifts and hours but the good news (unless you're there ready to be built) is that they are only taking one week off this July.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
It seems Challenger production is running behind schedule. Just finished a session w/ Dodge live chat and got the same status as about 10d ago: "..materials present, should enter the build process very soon." Dealer several weeks ago received a tentative ship date of tomorrow (5/29/15). The lady replied: Kayla: I apologize those dates are tentative and with the challengers we have had such an overwhelming response to these vehicles that we are a little behind however we are working as fast as we can to get these vehicles made. So I guess it's good that demand is up, but will just keep waiting.
Bummer that they are behind schedule, but it is WELL worth the wait!

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
My 2015 SHAKER special order just arrived!

My 345 SHAKER just arrived. I ordered Granite Crystal with red leather and every option including the Adaptive cruise with the technology package. I got a nice build with good fit and finish. The car is the first Granite Crystal Shaker I have seen. I ordered in February and it did not go KZ until late April. It arrived at the dealership in late May. I purchased on May 27.

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
Well, to finish the story on the billet silver R/T Shaker Plus I ordered on April 9th, it did arrive at the dealership in the middle of May, but I had already canceled the order. The reason was the stiff ride from earlier test drives with performance suspension based R/Ts. Ok, I'm 55 and at the crossroads of continuing to drive the comfort based suspension of my '09 R/T or going a completely different route.

Not giving up, I went to the dealership and drove the Shaker. Same stiff ride. I asked my salesmen about the B5 SRT sitting next to it. Since he knew something about my sensitive back, he mentioned that the SRT would probably be a better ride. So, I test drove it and I said hell yeah, this is it! During negotiations for the SRT, they applied the $500.00 I had put on the Shaker and a deal was made. I never thought I'd buy a more expensive car, but I drove off the lot Saturday night, a proud owner of a 2015 SRT Challenger. I'll post pictures today or tomorrow on the SRT forum.

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
Well, to finish the story on the billet silver R/T Shaker Plus I ordered on April 9th, it did arrive at the dealership in the middle of May, but I had already canceled the order. The reason was the stiff ride from earlier test drives with performance suspension based R/Ts. Ok, I'm 55 and at the crossroads of continuing to drive the comfort based suspension of my '09 R/T or going a completely different route.

Not giving up, I went to the dealership and drove the Shaker. Same stiff ride. I asked my salesmen about the B5 SRT sitting next to it. Since he knew something about my sensitive back, he mentioned that the SRT would probably be a better ride. So, I test drove it and I said hell yeah, this is it! During negotiations for the SRT, they applied the $500.00 I had put on the Shaker and a deal was made. I never thought I'd buy a more expensive car, but I drove off the lot Saturday night, a proud owner of a 2015 SRT Challenger. I'll post pictures today or tomorrow on the SRT forum.
That's been my point since I drove a 2015 SRT 392. They have adjustable dampers and a tunable suspention in three different modes of stiffness. I love mine.

·
Registered
121 Posts
That's been my point since I drove a 2015 SRT 392. They have adjustable dampers and a tunable suspention in three different modes of stiffness. I love mine.

The difference is amazing! Before, I never thought about buying the SRT so I remained clueless about its 3-mode adaptive damping suspension until I drove it. That was the game changer for buying the '15 Challenger. Otherwise, I would have continued driving my '09 R/T all the while knowing that I'd miss out on the '15's new transmission, electronics, etc. I'll miss my R/T, but having stepped up into a bigger motor with its comfortable ride is all it took to stay in the Pack.

Your Granite Crystal Shaker is beautiful.

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
Your Granite Crystal Shaker is beautiful.[/QUOTE said:
I traded it back in for my SRT 392. Once you have had a 2015 SRT nothing else will do.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had another session w/ Dodge chat this afternoon (Sunday) and got the same story: D1 status…very close to production. The guy said the dealer should have more specific information so I shot an email to my salesman. Didn't realize they're open Sunday afternoon and shortly he gave me an update: Shipped this morning to body vendor…ETA to area rail yard 6/17 which puts it at dealership around 6/20. Body vendor?? They don't assemble the bodies at Brampton? At least some definitive news!

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
Well, your black SRT looks great, too! Hope you didn't take too big a bath on your 2-3 day old Shaker!
No, I have a very good friend who owns a dealership. I special ordered the Shaker and I really did not want to buy the car. I bought the special order to keep my good reputation. I was later told that I could still have passed on the car there would have been no hard feelings at all. After taking the RT Plus Shaker home and titling it, I missed my SRT like crazy. I bought the SRT used with 190 miles on it (I was not looking for the SRT when I found it on Ebay in Birmingham, AL). I was able to buy it for 40k and a new one just like it has a sticker of over 50K) and when I traded it in the odo read 360 miles. I just was almost grief stricken. I had to go by the dealership the next day for another reason and I told my friend (the dealer principal) my regret. I also own a 2014 Ram Laramie which I bought at the same dealership. The dealer told me he really needed to sell one more truck to make his month (May 2015) so we made a deal. He sold me a new 2015 Ram Laramie Crew Cab at $2300 back of Holdback before all rebates and dealer cash were applied. The truck listed for 47k and I am paying less than 32K out the door and got my SRT 392 back at no charge. I'm happy to have a new truck. I'll probably trade it again this time next year as a buy a new one every year anyway. I had about $6k equity in my 2014 Ram Laramie and that is going into the deal as well. My SRT is paid in full. I'm going this morning to close the deal and pick up the truck in Birmingham. I would have driven the truck home Saturday the 30th but I had no driver and I live an hour away. I have posted many times that the last day of the month is the time to buy if your dealer cares about his sales goals. One more sales goal is called "Fast Start" and this occurs between the 10th and 15th of each month. In essence, each dealer has two sales goals to make each month to get the big bonus money from FCA. That bonus money on an annual basis is why the dealer can occasionally take a big loss on a vehicle. The catch is that you need to be working with a dealer who really cares about making all his yearly sales numbers and you need to be dealing with an owner and not a sales rep making a commission.

Attachments

·
Registered
516 Posts
Saw a Sublime 392 Shaker with some awesome stripes I've never seen before in Hibbing Minnesota yesterday. It was striped down the side in black and at the trunk area it said "Shaker" in the Earthquake Font. Looked badass!

·
Registered
45 Posts
My Shaker finally arrived Friday! The expected delivery date had been all over the map, probably because of increased orders for the Brampton plant which seems to have them two-three weeks behind. Here's a quick photo but I also got some side-by-sides w/ the '14 showing some of the subtler differences I can post later if there's interest. Very pleased so far from the 3hr drive home!

Attachments

41 - 56 of 56 Posts