Dodge Challenger Forum banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2011 SXT
3,243 Posts
The differnece might not be what you expect to get the OEM Shaker and add it later especially at a Body Shop or Dealer if you want it get it factory...

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
834 Posts
Does anyone have any experience installing a shaker onto a non shaker challenger? Just a thought if I do get a widebody scat for a good price
I added the Mopar Shaker hood to my 2012 R/T Classic. The Mopar parts, of course, fit as well as the original factory installed parts did. The kit was two part numbers, the hood and trim ring, and the rest of the pieces, the scoop, air box and duct work, and the brackets. It is not the lowest cost way to add a Shaker, but if painted and installed correctly it is a dead ringer for a factory installed Shaker hood and scoop.

·
Premium Member
5,629 Posts
No Mopar expert but I did stay in an HI Express last night. SPWB all the way. SPWBS even better. Love mine!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I too was undecided about a 5.7 or a 6.4. My ideal car would have been a 5.7 M6 Shaker w/performance package and cold weather group. Ordering one was looking like a real crap shoot. After looking for four months and not finding one in a color I liked I got a M6 SP standard body. Prices were going up and I was afraid that after getting used to the 5.7 I'd want more HP, even though I don't plan to race. I'd say, find one as close to what you want as you can and get it while you can. Honestly, while test driving both the 5.7 and the 6.4, both were plenty of fun for me.
It took us 6 months to get our SP/Shaker - Fully option. We had the 5.7 to start with / 6.4 is great - don't miss the 5.7. Mileage is not bad, a little less than the 5.7 but on a long distance trip we got 25mpg but must use the cruise. I've been mixing the gas when it gets to 1/2 tank - every other fill up is usually Shell Premium - no issues. Wife's car she didn't like the wide body I did get the 275 tires - a must for the car. At 70 neither one of us are street racers, the bigger tires are better. We live in Fayetteville by FT Bragg - we have learned that we take the RAM on the weekends - Everyone wants to race -we just laugh and park it in the garage. Love the 6.4 -

·
Registered
2021 Scat Pack Widebody Shaker (TorRed)
33 Posts
I learned my lesson first time around, if you are trying to decide between the shaker or the widebody, I would get both. Everytime you see a widebody or a shaker you will have buyers remorse. My first challenger was a 19 Scat Pack narrow body. Evertyime I saw a pic of a shaker, I kinda regretted not getting it, buyers remorse is the worst!
This time around, I factory ordered a 21 widebody shaker, optioned the way I wanted....no regrets now.
And let me add this, forget about what the haters say about the "fender flares", the widebody handles like a COMPLETELY different car, it was immediately obvious as soon as I left the dealer! First off this car needs 305's, not to mention the suspension difference.
Get what you really want!

·
Registered
2018 CHALLENGER SXT BLKTP PKG
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I learned my lesson first time around, if you are trying to decide between the shaker or the widebody, I would get both. Everytime you see a widebody or a shaker you will have buyers remorse. My first challenger was a 19 Scat Pack narrow body. Evertyime I saw a pic of a shaker, I kinda regretted not getting it, buyers remorse is the worst!
This time around, I factory ordered a 21 widebody shaker, optioned the way I wanted....no regrets now.
And let me add this, forget about what the haters say about the "fender flares", the widebody handles like a COMPLETELY different car, it was immediately obvious as soon as I left the dealer! First off this car needs 305's, not to mention the suspension difference.
Get what you really want!
That is exactly what I was recently thinking today. By the way, I love your car it is absolutely stunning!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Anyone on this forum that says a 5.7 and 6.4 is in the same ballpark is lying to the crowd. It is not the same ballpark - it is not even the same SPORT!. And after reading the abundance of how the Challenger is better than the Camaro and Mustang this just fortifies my analogy - the 5.7 is like a Camry and the 6.4 hangs with the SS and 5.0. They are 2 totally different cars in 2 totally different classes WIDEBODY OR NOT!

So please stop it.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,904 Posts
+1 - I have a buddy with a hellcat and he likes the standard body; I would not have bought anything but a widebody - just think it looks awesome; especially in Plum Crazy. There are plenty of photos of various colors and combinations, so you should be able to get a good visual and decide from there; that said, I love the standard body lowered like the black one in the thread - looks awesome.
I'm curious about what looks like seams either side of your center tail light panel? It's normally one whole piece?
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Rolling stock Light Bus

A Guy

Reactions: marpow

·
Registered
2021 Frostbite SP M6
44 Posts
We had the 5.7 to start with / 6.4 is great - don't miss the 5.7. Mileage is not bad, a little less than the 5.7 but on a long distance trip we got 25mpg but must use the cruise.
Anyone on this forum that says a 5.7 and 6.4 is in the same ballpark is lying to the crowd. It is not the same ballpark - it is not even the same SPORT!.
Thanks for validating my decision to get the 6.4! I'm not a racer either but I do appreciate horsepower.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm curious about what looks like seams either side of your center tail light panel? It's normally one whole piece?
View attachment 1040992
A Guy
its a 5-piece set with a separate center section. The only 3 piece trim that I saw was smoked and glossy - I wanted satin taillights, not gloss black, so I did the tint with this and painted to match.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Lot's of choices and options to consider.

Any version Challenger can't be pushed to its potential on a regular basis on the street.

My suggestion to the OP is pick the one that makes you grin and fits your budget.

I've had my "bare bones" SP standard body for over 6 years.

If I was ordering again today, I wouldn't change a thing.

Yep, that happy with it in every way.

View attachment 1040933 View attachment 1040934
19Johned53 your car looks familiar I live in O'Fallon.
My 21 SP only have A8, Sunroof, Red Calipers and locking lug nuts for options and I'm happy with it.
The SP package has allot standard over the R/T not to mention the 392 and I like it.
The tire width is my only complaint it should have had 275/40R20.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
'16 A8 Scat Pack
11,336 Posts
19Johned53 your car looks familiar I live in O'Fallon.
My 21 SP only have A8, Sunroof, Red Calipers and locking lug nuts for options and I'm happy with it.
The SP package has allot standard over the R/T not to mention the 392 and I like it.
The tire width is my only complaint it should have had 275/40R20.
View attachment 1041002
Never been that far East in MO. I'm up in the NW corner. Hill country! 😆

That's a sharp ride. Our thinking is the same. Base ride, added a few minor things, and just enjoy the heck out of it.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,904 Posts
its a 5-piece set with a separate center section. The only 3 piece trim that I saw was smoked and glossy - I wanted satin taillights, not gloss black, so I did the tint with this and painted to match.
Ahhh, thanks...can you link us to what you got? I'm curious, and someone else may want to do similar as well

A Guy

Reactions: marpow and polara71

·
Premium Member
2021 Challenger RT Shaker 5.7 Hemi
264 Posts
Ahhh, thanks...can you link us to what you got? I'm curious, and someone else may want to do similar as well

A Guy
+1, I have been looking for a rear tail look, and that is nicest I have seen @Gg2684.
There is something about my silver DODGE badge that I like, wonder if removed the badge to do that 5 piece, guess it could be put back on?
I see Gg2684 wrote painted to match, looks like a little work, yes link please.

·
Registered
55 Posts
+1, I have been looking for a rear tail look, and that is nicest I have seen @Gg2684.
There is something about my silver DODGE badge that I like, wonder if removed the badge to do that 5 piece, guess it could be put back on?
I see Gg2684 wrote painted to match, looks like a little work, yes link please.
just picked up the pieces fr9m eBay (around $20-25) - wet sanded with 600 grit,sprayed with plastic prep, three coats of color-matched paint, and three coats of clear. Wet sand the clear from 1500 through 3000 grit and then polish to a mirror finish. I get my paint from automotive touch up (also called micro finish) -products are excellent - perfect color match and sprays out very nicely. Used the same stuff to spray the license plate frame, headlight bezels, and calipers - although the calipers were treated to hi heat primer and paint before 2 light color coats and hi heat clear. Couple during and after photos for reference.
Glasses Shoe Window Tire Automotive tire
Automotive tire Purple Dress Tree Wood
Vehicle Hood Purple Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Glove Asphalt Bumper Tire
Grille Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood
Material property Paint Tints and shades Gas Electric blue

Reactions: marpow
41 - 60 of 63 Posts