Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was wondering about how much the r/t six speeds were dynoing at, with l/t headers, high flow cats, cat back, cai, tb, and a tune. If the headers are worth it im thinking about getting some before I get my car tuned. Also, is the tb worth it?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Hey guys I was wondering about how much the r/t six speeds were dynoing at, with l/t headers, high flow cats, cat back, cai, tb, and a tune. If the headers are worth it im thinking about getting some before I get my car tuned. Also, is the tb worth it?
Don't think you're being ignored, just not sure who if anyone has done what you want info on. I don't even know what at tb is, but I'm one in the minority that is very happy with the car bone stock. (excepting maybe the hood struts)

·
Banned
557 Posts
You might want to do a search for "mods" or similar. I know awhile back I was reading something about the throttle body (tb) and was surprised that people were saying it didn't really do much, if anything.

In regards to the headers, I think if you have a good intake and good exhaust then you will see some decent improvements. Another thing I was reading, shorty headers on these cars will throw codes. You want the long tubes.

The problem with mods is that then I get thinking...well crap, if I'm going to do headers, intake and full exhaust then maybe I'll go ahead and bump the cam up a bit too before I squeeze in the tune, lol.

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
I was very pleased when I added the headers LT Dynomax with high flow cats, 85mm tb, cai, t-stat and a custom tune here is my dyno sheet I feel it was well worth then the mods took over and 2 months later I was hooked :)
I feel this is a great starting point for the R/T as the exhaust manifolds suck...

·
Banned
557 Posts
Just as a point of reference for those reading now (or in the future) that may not be aware. Horsepower ratings from manufacturers are listed AT THE CRANK. The stuff Jeff posted was AT THE WHEELS.

Typically speaking, at the crank is higher than at the wheels as you lose efficiency through the driveline.

The next question is does anyone know what the HP is at the wheels on a base RT so we can determine how many HP was gained in this dyno?

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
Just as a point of reference for those reading now (or in the future) that may not be aware. Horsepower ratings from manufacturers are listed AT THE CRANK. The stuff Jeff posted was AT THE WHEELS.

Typically speaking, at the crank is higher than at the wheels as you lose efficiency through the driveline.

The next question is does anyone know what the HP is at the wheels on a base RT so we can determine how many HP was gained in this dyno?
yes I was at 307rwhp on the same dyno before the headers and at that time we also added a MBRP Cat Back :)

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
So about 50hp gain between the two, nice. :)

More importantly, did the "butt dyno" and "permagrin" factor confirm the results? LOL :laugh:
hell yeah also with the custom tune the torque on the 5.7l VVt was crazy :)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That was a good jump, Im hearing 335-340ish stock on the 6 speed cars via dynojet numbers, I was wondring if the 370rwhp or better range was possible with these mods, I sure bet the torque would be getting close 400rwtq. LTs I know are generally pretty worth while, I had them on my 04 mustang gt and have them on my 83 ram d150 with a 318 it made it drop .4 tenths in the 1/8th mile over the factory manifolds, its seems like a hemi and lt's are made for each other I know it was like that on the 426s.

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
I had 364hp, 396tq, with catless mids, K&N FIPK63 intake, Magnaflow exhaust, and custom DCX tune. When this dyno was run, I had not put on my JBA's yet. I made 3
runs that day, and they were all within a 1-2 hp of each other, so no anomalies.

With long tubes and really high flow cats or catless mids, 370's are easily achievable.:thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts