Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The front clip removal was somewhat timely, but changing the spoiler was a huge chore. I just wish there was a Hanes or Chiltons manual to follow so I wasn't flying blind. Special thanks to Ken from the dealership for the install info, couldn't have done it properly without that help. Heads up, if you're planning on doing this, have some old pillows ready to lay the front end on while doing the work.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
624 Posts
there is a how-to video if you look on speedys garage....in case anyone else is planning doing this. Helped me out greatly when i did mine. Looks good

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The whole set-up ran about $350. I tried the youtube video first, but I guess the 14' has more holding it on. I had to remove the entire front end, then take out the lower grill for the install. Took about 4 hours total. Thanks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Picking up my new SRT chin spoiler this week from dealership. Ordered side plugs and ducts from vendors on line. I have a 2011 RT and ordered 2012 SRT spoiler, hoping for a smooth install.

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Watched the Youtube video on Speedy's web site, great info for the most part, just not if you have a 2011 model. I had almost everything disconnected and then found I would have to remove the front clip to complete the job. not what I was expecting at 11 PM in the garage. Got the original spoiler back on about 2 am, not a happy camper at that point. Looking into removing the front clip now, any advise out there on the easiest way to do this? Really want to get this new 392 chin spoiler on soon.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
" Looking into removing the front clip now, any advise out there on the easiest way to do this? Really want to get this new 392 chin spoiler on soon. "

I would advise buying some ratcheting metric wrenches, not ratchets. Leave the spoiler connected to the clip until removed. Have some old pillows handy for the work space. Have the better part of a day for the work, and be patient. Also while you're under the car, the light harness has one connector going to the passenger side. There are 2 hard to access bolts on the far side of either light, and 2 more half-way up the clip behind the lights.

Good luck on the install, hope to see the pictures.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Be patient...i just did this on Sunday after trying twice without taking the front clip off. The hardest part is the 2 nuts up on the sides of the front clip. I did it all on ramps, i didnt take off the tires.

Check out the pics

Attachments

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
A lot of work, but worth the effort

Had the "392" chin spoiler for two weeks, tried taking off the RT spoiler without removing the facia. No way that was going to happen with a 2011 Model, the lower grill aft support rides over the spoiler inner lip. No way I was going to let a piece of plastic beat me, so today was the day. Removed the front wheels for ease of getting to the inner fender wells. having the car up on floor jacks helped too.
Getting to the facia to body mounting nuts was the hardest, big hands are not welcome under the front facia, took a bit longer than I expected. Once the facia was off, it got real easy, removing the lower grill support allowed for an easy installation of the new 392 spoiler. Took a few pictures to prove to myself, tearing apart the car is daunting, but can be done. All back together now, best investment I made this spring was the plastic rivet gun from harbor freight, so many plastic rivets to pop. Love the new look the spoiler gives the RT. Being that it is a 2011 RT, I had to slightly modify the passenger side air duct that attaches to the SRT belly pan. The hydraulic / Electric power steering pump on an RT forces a mod to install the air duct. Minot mod that no one can see from outside the car. Still channels the air to brake, just has an area cut away to allow the pump to fit.

RT2011

IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0799.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

IMG_0804.jpg

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Funny how different minds focus on different areas of interest. For instance..........I had an R/T for 2 years and replaced it this year with an SRT. Despite that, I never even noticed that each had a different spoiler until just a moment ago when I happened across the op's before and after pictures.

Equally strange is the fact, that after having taken a good look at the pictures, I actually prefer the R/T version !!

Go figure, :pillepalle: eh???????????

Regards,

Gary aka "beamg5"

·
Registered
39 Posts
Had my 392 chin spoiler on for about a month now and I love it! :D

Install was definitely a bit of a pain, I had car up on the hoist so bumper was pretty easy to get off but i ended up with a few broken plastic clips. No worries though all went back together nicely and nothing is loose.

I'd attempted it with the bumper on the car a week prior and there was absolutely no way that it would have come out of the bumper, I don't know how people were doing it like that.

All in all I think install took about 1 1/2hr.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts