Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious if the different drivelines would hookup. Meaning if I wanted to take a trans/rear out of a hellcat would it bolt into an R/T without modification? Asking as it would be nice to get a cheaper R/T since we will be replacing/building the engine/trans/diff/axes/fuel/brakes/suspension etc. Also it would be nice to know(if anyone knows) if we could send in the cores from an R/T to be built by some of the shops that sell beefier units. I can call them, though I'd like to ask here first as I don't want to waste too much of their time this early in the game.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
If I understand your question correctly, you are wondering if different rears and trans can be swapped between the various year Challengers. The short answer is yes. 09-14 Challengers all share the same transmission, rear diff (varying gear sets) and cradle. Those are easiest to swap. 15 and up Scats, SRT's and Hellcats all have the same rear diff, the ZF platform. These are welded by the factory and can not be rebuilt (or say they say). The only way to change gears in these applications is to stick with factory units. As for the 09-14 cars, US gear makes gear sets for these diff, just make sure you know which one you have. I have a 13 Challenger R/T M6 car with 4.29's in it. It came from the factory with 3.91's. There are at least 2 threads here in the drive train section following a few of us he did the swap last year. Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts