Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One of the hardest things of buying a used car like this is figuring out what has been done to it. I’ve found quite a few mods that I’m happy to have found - things I would have done myself (intake/exhaust, hood struts,etc). But I’m trying to figure out what’s been done (if anything) to the ride height.

As it sits right now, the front fender measures 30 1/8” to the ground. The rear measures 31 1/4”. Over 1 inch of rake between the front and the back. (Same tires front/back. 255/45’s.)

Honestly I kind of like a bit of rake, but if I were to try to buy lowering springs I’m not sure what I would end up with since I’m not sure what “normal” is supposed to be.

Could any other R/T owners (with 20” wheels) let me know what their measurements are (front/back fenders)?

Thanks in advance.

I’m kind of wondering if perhaps 1” lowering springs have been put on the front only (?). Or do they all have 1 1/8” of rake?

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Your R/T does not appear to have been lowered imho. You could always inspect the springs and try to determine if they look different from oem or appear 'newer' than the rest of the suspension. Many of the better aftermarket and even the mopar stage one springs are different colors (blue red, etc), which would help in possibly figuring it out.
I always ran staggered tire set up to eliminate what I thought was excessive fender gap in the rear.
Please note: When I took wieght out of the rear of car (spare tire assy, resonators, etc) it made the gap more noticable, so, if you or previous owner lost the 65+ lbs of spare tire out of the trunk, or the 20lb (x2) resonators from under it, this can certainly affect rear ride hieght, as, to a lesser degree, can the fuel level, what your carrying in the trunk,etc. Your R/T looks normal to me however.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have a ‘13 RT. Bought it with stock suspension. I’ve since upgraded to STP suspension. Here are my before and after fender heights:

ride height
28-1/2" front, 29-1/2" rear STP
29-1/2" front, 30-1/2" rear RT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2009 B5 SRT8 M6
77 Posts
IMO it looks great with the rake, My 09 SRT8, is just over 29.5 up front and just under 30 in the back, wish the back was a tad taller but oh well

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. Ideally I’d like to go about halfway between yours and mine. What size back tire ya got on there?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tires: Nitto NT555 g2

Rear: 305/35zr20. (Height: 29")
Front: 275/40zr20. (Height: 28 3/8")

I bought it used; it had the 22" wheels. I changed to 20" wheels.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Precisely the info i neded - thanks!

Plus I see you have the best (and fastest) year model and color of R/T!
NiteFlyer I have a 2013 RT Plus with the factory 20 inch wheels and yours looks very much like mine. BTW mine only has 16K miles on it and has never been driven in the rain.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts