Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what peoples opinions were about this and vice versa(SRT8 stripes onan SE)?

Why or why not do you think it is appropriate/o.k?

(I would make this a poll if I knew how) :dunno:

Thanks

·
Registered
104 Posts
I think you stripe it the way you want. An R/T stripe doesn't make an SRT an R/T, it's just the way you like the look. As long as you're not badging your car something it's not I think it's fine.

·
Registered
'16 A8 Scat Pack
11,266 Posts
The "RT" striping is a "classic" IMO. If I would have purchased a SRT, the hood stuff would have come off, and the RT style side stripes would have went on.

Just my opinion, but the RT Classic package is the best looking Challenger coming off the production line.

Between the stripes and the Heritage wheels, it's a true retro look that I prefer on a Challenger.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
11,072 Posts
I don't see a problem with putting whatever stripes on your car you like. There is an SRT8 in my town that has the RT classic stripes running down the side, the only difference is at the end instead of saying RT he has SRT. While I don't like rebadging, for example putting an SRT emblem in the grille of an SE, I don't see stripes as a form of rebadging.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
I'm a big fan of my tip to toe stripes and wouldn't give them up for R/T stripes any day of the week. The ONLY side stripe package I would ever consider would be the strobe stripes of the AAR 'Cuda, but since it's not a 'Cuda :)

I do like the hood and trunk stripes on the SE's that are bordered in another color.. And wanted to do something like that on my SRT it just didn't work well (tried bordering the black stripes with silver) now if the car was black with silver stripes, you bet your money I'd border them in red!

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
I am soon to have 71 style R/T stripes with strobe extention on my SRT8 GWE :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts