Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I have a 2013 RT challenger that I'm going to put super stock hood on it. I'm wondering if I should paint it flat black or keep it plum crazy purple. My stripes or white so that's why was going to stick with the purple. I appreciate your guys opinions. Thank you!

Britt

image.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey guys,
I have a 2013 RT challenger that I'm going to put super stock hood on it. I'm wondering if I should paint it flat black or keep it plum crazy purple. My stripes or white so that's why was going to stick with the purple. I appreciate your guys opinions. Thank you

My challenger and my brothers with the super stock hood on his srt8

Attachments

·
Registered
744 Posts
I too have a plum crazy challenger with white stripes.I would paint the hood purple.If I am ever able to get a TA hood im going to have my stripes changed to black.I feel like white stripes with black hood is just a little too much going on.Nice to see girls are buying AND modding these cars too.

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
I have a satin black one on mine but mine has the top of the fenders painted as well as the front part of the bumper cover and the satin black continues down the side of the car where the pin stripe is.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
+1 for satin black with continuation over the front bumper!

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Just a black hood looks unfinished to me, paint the fender tops at a minimum.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Hey guys,
I have a 2013 RT challenger that I'm going to put super stock hood on it. I'm wondering if I should paint it flat black or keep it plum crazy purple. My stripes or white so that's why was going to stick with the purple. I appreciate your guys opinions. Thank you!

Britt

View attachment 209898
Is that a Mr. Norms Hood?:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
I'd say PCP because a black hood always makes me wonder if they ran out of budget to finish the project, so they left it with a primer color or a rattle-can job.

Just IMHO.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm thinking I will paint it purple, with "Hemi" on the scoop. I love the white stripes, but i think a black hood would be too contrasting. Thank you for all your input! I will post pics after it's finished :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
You can also do a wrap later if you want to change it

1 - 20 of 24 Posts