Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and I have read and I have found little comparison between the Eibach Pro kit and the SRT suspension. Don't beat me up too bad, but can anybody provide an opinion on the two? I understand a couple of you R/T owners have had both, as made evident by my viewing of F/S threads. Can you provide input? I am about to upgrade to one or the other from my current Mopar lowering springs only and I am hoping to make the right decision. Thanks be to ya.

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
I have a set of "take-off" SRT springs and dampers on my R/T, and still think it sits a bit too high for my tastes. Wish I would have gone with the Eibach Pros instead.
The ride is quite nice, however. Tighter than the stock R/T, but your fillings and vertebrae are still safe. :D

How high does your car sit compared to a stock R/T or SRT?

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a set of "take-off" SRT springs and dampers on my R/T, and still think it sits a bit too high for my tastes. Wish I would have gone with the Eibach Pros instead.
The ride is quite nice, however. Tighter than the stock R/T, but your fillings and vertebrae are still safe. :D

How high does your car sit compared to a stock R/T or SRT?
my RT with the Mopar lowering springs appears to sit a bit lower than a stock SRT, when side-by-side to one. i bottom out alot the front end never clears a parking curb so it can be annoying.

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Near as I can tell, mine sits about like an SRT. Wish it was just a bit lower.
What is your primary concern? Looks? Handling?
I think I've only dragged body parts once, since I lowered it. Don't recall what dragged. Maybe the chin spoiler.

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Yeah. He said it didn't take much correction to get it right. Mostly toe settings. It's aligned to the R/T specs.
In retrospect, I probably should have asked him to do the SRT alignment specs, but I didn't think about it at the time.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
i had the srt springs for my r/t. saw another r/t with them on , not nearly enough drop. now i have the pro's. if you want more than an inch (thats being generous) go with the pros !

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
sorry, double post.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i had the srt springs for my r/t. saw another r/t with them on , not nearly enough drop. now i have the pro's. if you want more than an inch (thats being generous) go with the pros !
thanks for the advice. did you feel a reduction in the "float" in the steering with the pro kit and/or the srt kit? the mopar springs only did a bit, but not all that much. i HATE the sloppy floaty feel of the steering in the RT.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I drove on the SRT suspension for about a year before getting the Eibach Pros. I'll give you a fair and honest comparison.

Handling: I think the car handled a little better with the SRT springs and dampers than with the Eibachs, and was more comfortable. The Eibachs have too much understeer at the car's limit. With either suspension, definitely no float, the SRT engineers did an exceptional job there. I was very impressed with the SRT suspension, and give the edge to the SRT suspension for handling over the Eibachs.

Looks: As far as looks, I think it looked okay with 20s and the SRT suspension. But with 22s, in my opinion you really need to lower the car for it to look correct. So if you have 22s, the Eibachs are a must, to me. With 20s, either choice is okay.

Comfort: The Eibachs are quite a bit stiffer than the SRTs, but still reasonably comfortable. You need both the springs and the dampers, if you want to avoid an underdamped, bouncy ride. If you're willing to give up some comfort for a lower stance, get the Eibachs. But the SRTs were surprisingly comfortable, given how good they handled.

If I did it over again, I'd still get the Eibach springs and dampers, but I'd stick with the stock anti-roll bars, which were plenty stiff enough for the street. The RT and SRT have the same anti-roll bars.

Reactions: Kai-028

·
Registered
407 Posts
Great mini write-up! I was wondering the exact same thing. Thanks for opening this thread Todd! I'm going to go with the SRT suspension when the time comes. For the money it just seems like the right way to go for me. :guiness:

I drove on the SRT suspension for about a year before getting the Eibach Pros. I'll give you a fair and honest comparison.

Handling: I think the car handled a little better with the SRT springs and dampers than with the Eibachs, and was more comfortable. The Eibachs have too much understeer at the car's limit. With either suspension, definitely no float, the SRT engineers did an exceptional job there. I was very impressed with the SRT suspension, and give the edge to the SRT suspension for handling over the Eibachs.

Looks: As far as looks, I think it looked okay with 20s and the SRT suspension. But with 22s, in my opinion you really need to lower the car for it to look correct. So if you have 22s, the Eibachs are a must, to me. With 20s, either choice is okay.

Comfort: The Eibachs are quite a bit stiffer than the SRTs, but still reasonably comfortable. You need both the springs and the dampers, if you want to avoid an underdamped, bouncy ride. If you're willing to give up some comfort for a lower stance, get the Eibachs. But the SRTs were surprisingly comfortable, given how good they handled.

If I did it over again, I'd still get the Eibach springs and dampers, but I'd stick with the stock anti-roll bars, which were plenty stiff enough for the street. The RT and SRT have the same anti-roll bars.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea, the SRT upgrade sounds reasonable enough.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thats exactly what i am doing. i have the moparsupercenter page saved and the parts ready to order for spring.

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
If you're not in a hurry, keep checking the classifieds, here.
Lots of the SRT guys are upgrading to coilovers and such. That's how I found mine.
(FWIW, 2008 stuff works just fine on a 2009. That's what I've got.)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Glad I found this post. I was looking at the same upgrade. After reading the comparison I am sold on the SRT kit. Mine is a daily driver and we have massive speed bumps at work. Seriously the biggest ones I have ever seen, Vettes bottom out every time. Dont really want to do that and the SRT at work never has an issue.

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,121 Posts
I have the Mopar SRT suspension upgrade kit and love it.:bigthumb:
Dropped the car just enough for me, speed bumps are no issue.
Ride and handling greatly improved. Added Mopar strut tower brace and I am 100% satisfied. I can take those off ramps with confidence.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts